New Visitor
2BDEBTFREE

Opened new account to increase EQ

I signed up for TrueCredit, and was alerted today that my EQ score dropped 63 pts.  I thought opening a new account is suppose to increase your score not decrease.  TU increase 23pts and Ex 5pts.  Does anyone know why the decrease.  I have not pulled my true FICO score yet, so I wonder if it would have decreased as well.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Opened new account to increase EQ

Welcome, please read the Scoring 101 thread. We need more info about your reports. What TLs do you have? Any baddies? What is your util?
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Opened new account to increase EQ

2BDEBTFREE wrote:
I signed up for TrueCredit, and was alerted today that my EQ score dropped 63 pts. I thought opening a new account is suppose to increase your score not decrease. TU increase 23pts and Ex 5pts. Does anyone know why the decrease. I have not pulled my true FICO score yet, so I wonder if it would have decreased as well.

Why would you pull your new FICO score now?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}