Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a new CC had different impact on 3 CBs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opening a new CC had different impact on 3 CBs

My Credit Scores before the Citibank reported to CBs.

Equifax: 738 (FICO)

Experian: 768 (FAKO)

Transunion: 739 (FICO)

No derogs.

No mortgage.

CC on file: BoA $5000CL, CapOne $750 CL and CreditOne $550 CL.

Two days ago, Citi reported the Thankyou card with $3900 CL.  EQ score jumped 30 points to 768. Experian dropped 26 points to 742. Transunion went up 1 point to 740.

What gives?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Opening a new CC had different impact on 3 CBs

Ignore the FAKO. It doesn't mean your EX FICO dropped 26. It could have risen 26. However, focus on TU and EQ.

Was there a change in util before the CC reported vs. after the CC reported? If so, how much?

Were there any changes to the pos/neg factors listed?

ETA...how long ago were the original scores pulled? And they were pulled here, right?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

>>Was there a change in util before the CC reported vs. after the CC reported? If so, how much

Utlilization before: 738/6300 = 11.7% (2 of 3 cards reporting balance)

Utilization after: 729/10200 = 7.1% ( 2 of 4 cards reporting balance)

>>Were there any changes to the pos/neg factors listed?

No.

>>ETA...how long ago were the original scores pulled? And they were pulled here, right?

About a week before the chance.

EQ pulled from EQ notification.

EX pulled from experiandirect.

TU pulled from CreditKarma.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

>>ETA...how long ago were the original scores pulled? And they were pulled here, right?

About a week before the chance.

EQ pulled from EQ notification.

EX pulled from experiandirect.

TU pulled from CreditKarma.

You might have some bad info by which to compare. Likely all the scores above are FAKO scores. CreditKarma doesn't have any FICO scores. There is no product anywhere for EX that offers FICO scores. And most of the products on EQ's website offer FAKOs. It depends which product you are using (SW is the only one that offers any sort of alert). Don't rely on FAKOs to compare FICOs. Different formulas. Different Score ranges. And the FAKO scores factor in stuff that FICO does not and vice-versa.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

About a month ago, I went thru' home mortage pre-approval process. Lender pulled all three scores and they do match exactly the scores I got from Equifax and myFICS for EQ scores and CreditKarma for  TU scores. Not sure about EX score.

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

About a month ago, I went thru' home mortage pre-approval process. Lender pulled all three scores and they do match exactly the scores I got from Equifax and myFICS for EQ scores and CreditKarma for  TU scores. Not sure about EX score.

It would be a pure coincidence for TU and CreditKarma. CK offers two credit scores on their site: TransRisk and VantageScore. The TransRisk score isn't used by any lender, or so says their disclaimer. VantageScore is used by a rare few, but I haven't seen anyone post on here saying their mortgage lender used Vantage.

Now if you pulled EQ FICO from myFICO and compared it to a lender's pull, they'd very likely match. If pulled the EQ score from Equifax.com, there are only a couple of products that offer FICO, so always possible if subscribed to SW and their 3-in-1 monitoring w/ FICO.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.