lysistara

Opening a new card with lower APR

Hello! I am considering opening a new card with way lower APR than my current card (12% versus 28%!!!). Anyway, I had bad credit due to 2 closed accounts (closed by credit grantor) I was forced to use for medical emergencies when I had no insurance and then couldn't pay off. I have paid off one in full 3 years ago via settlement. The other, I still owe $1200. Currently, I have one card open with a history of paying off every monthly balance in full for 10 years. The other card with the high APR has been open for 3 years and I have also paid this off every month. I want to keep this high rate card open and then open a third card (the one with a way lower APR). My score is now increased to a 699. My question is: will opening this third card with the lower APR cost me FICO points and lower my score (do I have too much revolving credit). Thanks!! Shannon

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}