cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opposite disparity between FAKO and FICO?

tag
Client9
Regular Contributor

Opposite disparity between FAKO and FICO?

One of my resolutions this year was to purchase a home.  I lost out on a sweet deal to buy my condo conversion and I am kicking myself because mainly it was due to my low scores.  2008 I have a plan to reach the 700 club.  No matter what it takes.

I have kept an eye on my scores.
As of yesterday, these were my TrueCredit FAKOs

TU 601
EX 518
EQ 569

After reading these forums (and getting hooked) I decided to purchase the Suze Orman product to see my FICO's
TU 577
EX 607
EQ 609

I was very happy to say the least.  After reading, I figured my FICO's were going to be lower than my FAKOs.  In one case it was, but the other 2 cases, the opposite was true. I have read a few instances here where some people's FICO's surpassed their FAKOs.  Am I an anomaly?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Opposite disparity between FAKO and FICO?

Really, it's just a complete crap-shoot. Trying to find a pattern in FAKO-FICO scores is like the game of 52-card-pickup we played as kids.

Yes, I have often seen that FAKO's are higher than FICO's when you're just starting to rebuild, but there are so many times that this doesn't hold (as with you) that it's not worth trying to predict. Congrats, and good luck on continuing score climbs! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
Client9
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I am just going to keep plugging away on the silly things that bring my scores down.  16 months ago they said my mid score was 509.  Now it is 607.  And with some more knowledge gleamed from this place, my scores should skyrocket as well as working my tail off at 2 jobs to earn that extra cash to accomplish what I want done. 
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen disparities of over a hundred points--in both directions.
Message 4 of 10
Client9
Regular Contributor

Generally speaking and in most cases, FAKOs are higher than FICOs, correct?
I was so dreading the news if the above was the case, but I "lucked" out I guess.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Client9 wrote:
I was so dreading the news if the above was the case, but I "lucked" out I guess.

No, Governor, there is no correlation between FAKOs and FICOs whatsoever.

(I voted for you, BTW.  Thanks for nothin'.) Smiley Tongue

Edit to add:  Just for instance, I have FAKOs in the 500s.  My FICOs range from 690-719.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-14-2008 06:04 PM
Message 6 of 10
Client9
Regular Contributor

maybe if my FICOs were higher, the Emperor's Club could have offered me some better "rates" for "Kristen"?  Man Surprised
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROTFLMAO
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That wasn't true in my case, my fico scores are about 20 points lower across the board.

By the way, how do you guy get a message you are reponding to appear in the reply message?  I am doing a copy and paste, but I can tell there is another way to do it as mine show up different ...yours separate the post.
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
By the way, how do you guy get a message you are reponding to appear in the reply message? I am doing a copy and paste, but I can tell there is another way to do it as mine show up different ...yours separate the post.

Click "reply" on the actual post that you are replying to, not the "reply" at the very top of the thread. Once the text box pops up, click "quote post" at the top right. Even if you've already typed in the box, the quote will appear at the very top, and it will say "so-and-so wrote". Timothy likes to have the quotes at the bottom, so I guess he clicks "quote" first and then puts his cursor before the actual quote. This should work for both Firefox and IE.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.