Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank Secured Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard Bank Secured Credit Card

Man, way too bad you didn't do a PFD, because they were likely OOS and you couldn't have been sued to pay, so, the CA would likely been more than willing to delete them for payment. Oh well... But yes, after next year, they should be good to go. Also, perhaps you can even call/write and ask if they'd be so kind to delete them. It probably won't work, but, will be worth the try, eh? Best if you speak to the same person, and when you do it, tell them you won't mind paying any deletion fees, if necessary. This usually works well, and they make more money off you from that anyhow, so, it's more motivation to delete. My sister paid $25 extra to have some items deleted and it was worth it to her; one simple collection took her credit score from `752 to 684!
Message 11 of 15
chevydude26
Contributor

so i can call equifax and ask them to delete them and they might do it if i offer to pay deletion fees...awesome. what are pfd's?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No...call the collectors and ask if they'll delete. Definitely do not call Equifax, because it'd be illegal for them to just take it off just because you paid it! PFD is "pay for delete". Meaning, you tell the collector, "hey, I'll agree to pay this if you delete it off my credit file!". Get it in writing, pay, and what do you know...it never happened Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

chevydude, there are many popular threads stickied at the top of each forum, and they contain a lot of collected experience and wisdom. Take a look at this thread, or at least the first post:

Credit Scoring 101

You should also explore through this one:

Frequently Requested Threads

There's lots of good info in there that will help you realize your options.

Edited to repair CS101 link

Message Edited by llecs on 11-26-2008 04:01 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 15
chevydude26
Contributor

thanks for all the advice guys its greatly appreciated. on my score though there is only one collection left that is already paid for. and on my accounts it shows old accounts already closed and paid off but with late payments in the past. i just got the secured card and plan to use only 1-9% of it...my question is should it be payed off every month in total or should i just leave a few bucks as a balance?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.