Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouch...TU dropped 47 points!

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Ouch...TU dropped 47 points!

Two istallment loans, one auto and the other a private student loan aged off my account last month. According to my
Barclays TU, i'm sitting at 680 as of yesterday. I'm guessing it's going to drop further once my new Barclays card reports.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Ouch...TU dropped 47 points!

Installment loans typically benefit scores.

If accounts drop off, you are likely to take an AAoA hit.

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@USF813 wrote:

Two istallment loans, one auto and the other a private student loan aged off my account last month. According to my
Barclays TU, i'm sitting at 680 as of yesterday. I'm guessing it's going to drop further once my new Barclays card reports.

Question is do you have other installment loans on there, and do you have any idea at your before and after AAoA?

Ugh though, guess I may have been right in continuing to roll open installment loans over with my silly reindeer games cash secured loans.... least until I can get a mortgage tradeline or two on the reports.

        
Message 3 of 4
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have a mortgage. It was originally opened in '06. I reaffirmed it (big mistake) in my BK in '09.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.