cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

i finally got very curious and ordered one from myfico.com tonight. i wonder if i'm gonna get addicted to this game. TU 810
Message 21 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

TU, Mar 15, 2008: 788
EQ, April 2, 2008: 806
EX - don't know, but probably close to TU.
Message 22 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

760+ all 3 CRAs.
Message 23 of 2,020
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Here are a couple of High Achiever credit files. Interesting, it's my credit history length, average-age of accounts and inqs that have set me back quite a bit with EX. With the first two, there's not much I can do.

FICO Scores:

EQ: 777
EX:  734
TU:  792

EQ Report (777):
overall revolving utilization is 9% (< 10%)
credit history length 28.5 years
average-age of accounts is 6 years
0 inqs
no lates and no other derogs

14 total trade lines

9 open trade lines:
1 unsecured loan 10K/bal 6.8K
1 BoA unsecured LOC 26.5K CL/ bal 5211
Amex Blue 20K/bal 0
Amex Plat
Chase Visa 19.3K/bal 1871
Discover Motiva 10K (suppose to be 50K)/bal 0
FIA Fidelity Visa 25K/bal 2521
First Hawaiian Bank Visa 10K/bal 0
Macy's Gold 2.7K/bal 0

5 closed trade lines
1 auto loan paid and closed; never late
1 unsecured loan paid and closed; never late
Amex Gold AU account $0 bal; never late
Amex Gold account (dupe account); never late
CITI Dividends MC $0 bal; never late

EX Report (734):
credit history length is 14.5 years
average-age of accounts < 3 years
3 inqs

13 total trade lines

9 open trade lines:
Amex Blue 20K/bal 0
Amex Plat
FIA Fidelity Visa 25K/bal 2521
Macy's Gold 2.7K/bal 0

4 closed trade lines

TU Report (792):
credit history length 28.5 years
average-age of accounts is 6 years
0 inqs

14 total trade lines

9 open trade lines:
Amex Blue 20K/bal 0
Amex Plat
FIA Fidelity Visa 25K/bal 2134
Macy's Gold 2.7K/bal 0

5 closed trade lines
Amex Gold AU account $0 bal; never late

The differences in scores is big and here is why:

- EX has a credit history length of 14.5 years comapred to EQ and TU which is 28 years 5 months
  (estimated loss in points is 10-15)

- EX average-age of accounts is < 3 years compared to EQ and TU which is 6 years 
  (estimated loss in points is 15+)

- EX has 3 inqs compared with EQ and TU which have 0 inqs
  ( estimated loss in points is 15-20)

I think these differences account for at least 40-55 points.

Message 24 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

fused--

You have wonderful balance in your trade lines and varied card issuers.  When the Discover Motiva card starts reporting as a 50K credit line, you must let us know how it reports (i.e., revolving, installment, etc.) and is considered in utilization calculations. 

Message Edited by psychic on 04-06-2008 08:49 PM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 25 of 2,020
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Just joined this group yesterday....

TU - 700
EQ - 720
EX  - 782!! 

The difference is that EX dropped off the last baddie on my CR a couple months earlier than the other two will.  Wasnt officially supposed to drop until June.  I posted on this over on FICO SCORING forum also. 

With a little luck I might actually crack 800 soon.  Payments that will post this month will click me below the 20% utils mark and my understanding is I ll get a bump from that.
Message 26 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

sh9370--

Congratulations on becoming a FICO High Achiever!!!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 27 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:
fused--

You have wonderful balance in your trade lines and varied card issuers.  When the Discover Motiva card starts reporting as a 50K credit line, you must let us know how it reports (i.e., revolving, installment, etc.) and is considered in utilization calculations. 

psychic: I am curious as to why would the Motiva report as "installment".  Is there something special about the 50K level?

Message 28 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Here are a couple of High Achiever credit files. Interesting, it's my credit history length, average-age of accounts and inqs that have set me back quite a bit with EX. With the first two, there's not much I can do.

FICO Scores:

EQ: 777
EX:  734
TU:  792

fused: it seems that your credit profile is better than mine in every respect, yet your scores are lower.  I wonder why.

Here is my post showing my Equifax file and score:

Message 29 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

ChumChurum wrote:

psychic wrote:
fused--

psychic: I am curious as to why would the Motiva report as "installment".  Is there something special about the 50K level?

Each CRA is different.  I have a $33,300 revolving CL that is not included my TransUnion (and I suspect) Experian utilization calculations.  However, this CL is included in my Equifax utilization calculations.  We've always been a little "fuzzy" about these cut-off points.  I'm just trying to determine each CRA's behavior when it comes to high credit lines. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 30 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.