cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Pulled the 3 today, results are:

TransUnion 772

Equifax 766

Experian 761

Message 41 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

As you can see below, EQ is NOT happy with my new Home Depot account or the INQ.  My average age dropped from 11 yrs to 9 yrs.  I guess the FICO gods don't want FICO high achievers to seek any new credit.Smiley Sad
Message 42 of 2,020
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Scout1965 wrote:

I guess the FICO gods don't want FICO high achievers to seek any new credit.Smiley Sad

New credit once every two years.  Assuming a new car loan every 4 years, that is a new CC every 4 years also  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 43 of 2,020
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Scout1965 wrote:
I guess the FICO gods don't want FICO high achievers to seek any new credit.Smiley Sad
New credit once every two years. Assuming a new car loan every 4 years, that is a new CC every 4 years also Smiley Very Happy

I was interested in a phrase that TheNewWorldMan used on another post. He said that the ones who get really killed with new accounts are those with "long thin" histories: in other words, those who have history going way back, but relatively few accounts. So mathematically speaking, when these people get new accounts, there isn't enough "mass" from older existing accounts to minimize the damage to average age. This would mean that the traditional FICO High Achievers, with very few accounts, would definitely get hurt.

DH has only a couple of open TL's, but he has this fascination with signature loans from our credit union, so when (if!) the American Express AU account ever posts, it shouldn't do much damage.

Even without my admittedly high number of new accounts, I did fit the "long thin" category, probably the only area in my life where I do! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only item listed by EQ as hurting my score was - You recently opened a new credit account.  Your newest account was opened 1 month ago.

EQ listed the following as helping my FICO score: 
1 - You have no missed payments on your credit accounts. 
2 - You have an established credit history.  Your oldest account was opened 19 years,10 months ago and the average age of your accounts is 9 years. 
3 - You've limited the use of your available credit - ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits 12%. 
4 - You've shown recent use of credit cards.

TU on the other hand, slammed me for this one item:
1 - You have made heavy use of your available revolving credit.  (Same balances as shown on EQ as a positive item.)

And EX, well we all know that they don't play well with FICO.  Smiley Surprised

Oh well.  No more new accounts for me.  Really wanted the Home Depot card because we want to put in hardwood flooring...  And, the water heater is on its last leg.
Message 45 of 2,020
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As long as you remember that if you're not planning on looking for credit any time soon, financial benefits (as in 0% on your flooring) generally outweigh FICO score benefits. (love my new mahogany floors!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 46 of 2,020
marty56
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
(love my new mahogany floors!)

I hope to be saying that about my new car real soon.

Unlike almost 6 years ago when there was fear in my mind when I applied for a car loan, I am now feeling much better about myself (FICO wise).

in a realy bad Clint Eastwood accent:

Go ahead, pull my score.  Do you feel lucky, do you punk/punkette).
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 47 of 2,020
MattH
Senior Contributor

Well, pulled at various times on myfico.com from Aug 2006 through April 2008,
my Experian FICO has ranged from 804 to 826,
my Equifax FICO has ranged from 783 to 786, and
my TransUnion FICO has ranged from 791 to 796.

All three list the same accounts, I have neither opened nor closed any accounts over this period of time. I don't have FICO scores from earlier years but have no reason
to believe they would have been substantially different.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 48 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Many thanks to all our FICO High Achievers.  Your responses are greatly appreciated!

I'm certain there are other forum members who have at least one FICO Score of 760 or above. 

Please let us know who you are!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 49 of 2,020
marty56
Super Contributor

I lost my 761 EX due to a Wells Fargo account that should have been closed last year (via DMP) but wasnt.

I will be back by the end of the month so its just a small setback.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 50 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.