cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@GFer wrote:
WHOA!

(Bows repeatedly....lol)

Nice to see you again!

Now you've got me comparing my stats to yours and wanting to pull mine. Of course I have no need to pull them.

Seriously; Congrats!

Thanks! I do remember you, too.Smiley Happy

Message 851 of 2,020
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@fused wrote:

I think I know how this all got derailed. It was my reply to my-own-fico at the top of this page. I was just giving my best guess on why he/she lost a couple of points. Now to your valid point. I certainly don't think my 40K CC really helped me to 850's across the board. I agree with you that I hit my ceiling scoring wise with the older FICO scoring models, especially TU 98. Something in the newer 08 model likes me a lot more. I have to say having these scores makes me more intersted again in discussing FICO scoring and fixing credit. Do I have enough time? I dunno!

The seeds were without a doubt present in my prior message, for which I feel guilty as hell. Not only that, but I also can't think of a person more suited than you to be contributing with this thread's message 850, lol. Anyway, I have been given this discussion some thought and have a plan to test some of the highly entertaining issues, in isolation and in the foreseeable future, that were brought up here. Let us know if you come up with something later as well.

Message 852 of 2,020
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@fused wrote:

I think I know how this all got derailed. It was my reply to my-own-fico at the top of this page. I was just giving my best guess on why he/she lost a couple of points. Now to your valid point. I certainly don't think my 40K CC really helped me to 850's across the board. I agree with you that I hit my ceiling scoring wise with the older FICO scoring models, especially TU 98. Something in the newer 08 model likes me a lot more. I have to say having these scores makes me more intersted again in discussing FICO scoring and fixing credit. Do I have enough time? I dunno!

The seeds were without a doubt present in my prior message, for which I feel guilty as hell. Not only that, but I also can't think of a person more suited than you to be contributing with this thread's message 850, lol. Anyway, I have been given this discussion some thought and have a plan to test some of the highly entertaining issues, in isolation and in the foreseeable future, that were brought up here. Let us know if you come up with something later as well.

No need to kick yourself.Smiley Tongue In the world of credit, the deck is stacked against all of us. We're all looking for answers, that's what makes a community like this one so wonderful. Knowledge is POWER...

Message 853 of 2,020
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I have read a lot of this ALL DAY and some makes sense some not so sure. A 40K Credit Card Lord what kind of income would give you that. I thought 7k was good. I am hoping for 15 soon on 2 of mine. I am holding like a 740 758 and 760-770 on the 3 true FICO scores. I have not pulled them just don't want to spend the 60 bucks. However I am one of those FICO chasers and I can not get my scores to 800 to save my life. I have done everything. 5 years of PERFECT payment history. LOW LOW utilization but time I use a CC if I leave a balance over 10% on one and zero on the remainder which I do each month there goes 5-10 points. I usually try to keep one always under 10% and all other zero but sometimes I just need to pay for someone 2k over 2-3 months but there goes the FICO 10 points. Hell why a CL if you cant use it. Not like I am going out to spend 7k in one month. They will upgrade my cards and up my CL but if I ask they do nothing unless they do a hard pull. I do not want another inquiry chasing that 800.  Does anyone have any ideas other than GARDEN ? I have no negatives no public records but I still cant get any of the 3 to touch 800. I want to buy a 250K property and most say it don't matter you have 740+ that is all they look at but to walk in the bank with 800 makes me feel great. I have been there before and I want that back.  Now take it I went from probally 350 to this 740 and 760.  I have worked my behind off on everything but I can't touch 800. Without a mortagage am I chasing a dream or what ??? 

Great reading here today and seems to me a 40k cc would not matter was the subject if used on utilization because of the scoring model and how it was written.

Thanks for any advise and anyone know barclays inside number private mail it as they just upgrades my card to WORLD Mastercard with 7k but I feel like at 7k now for 6 months it should be 15k.

Same goes for my Capital one they upgraded it to Quicksilver with 3k I want it 10k.

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 854 of 2,020
GFer
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

@GFer wrote:
WHOA!

(Bows repeatedly....lol)

Nice to see you again!

Now you've got me comparing my stats to yours and wanting to pull mine. Of course I have no need to pull them.

Seriously; Congrats!

Thanks! I do remember you, too.Smiley Happy

You probably remember me because I asked so many questions! lol

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 855 of 2,020
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

@fused wrote:

An observation (or a suspicion) on the FICO 08 scoring model. It appears the threshold for revolving accounts not factoring in util calculations has dropped. In the past, my 40K CL CC didn't factor in my utilization percentages with TU, but they did with EQ and EX. Now, it doesn't seem this CC factors in util percentages with all three CRA's when the FICO 08 model is used.

I have a card just like that with FICO 04. But it is used for util in 08 (EQ) because for a few days it was the only card with a balance, and the score was 848. (Once another card reported, the score rose to 850, which aligns with your two balances.)

By the way, what's your take on any AU cards that you may have going?

I think your post "might" follow my "suspicion" with FICO 08. I think you lost two points because FICO 08 didn't factor in your 40K CC and you didn't have a balance reporting on any other CC that would be included in util percentage calculations. Having no util on all revolving accounts can ding FICO scores a little. But I bet you already know that. lol

I know what AU cards are, but I'm not sure what you're asking me.

In my world of the 40K card and the other card, the former will soon report as zeroed. We shall seen whether my score will not decrease because the 40K util doesn’t count as you say or the score will revert to two points less because the 40K util does count and is zero as I think.

I brought up AU cards because there are people saying FICO 08 uses them and some say not. When our joint 40K card reports, DW’s only card with an outstanding balance is my other card. Once my new score clarifies the 40K, DW’s clarifies the AU.

If that doesn’t clear up the unresolved, I suppose bringing the reported balances down to the baseline by zeroing the other card as well would help!

Moving along, my first two EX 08 reports reveal a parallel. The one showing both cards is at two points less than the one with the 40K alone, leaving me to believe the 40K is used for util. The thing different from EQ baffling me is that the match of points and balances is opposite, lol.

Message 856 of 2,020
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@fused wrote:

@fused wrote:

An observation (or a suspicion) on the FICO 08 scoring model. It appears the threshold for revolving accounts not factoring in util calculations has dropped. In the past, my 40K CL CC didn't factor in my utilization percentages with TU, but they did with EQ and EX. Now, it doesn't seem this CC factors in util percentages with all three CRA's when the FICO 08 model is used.

I have a card just like that with FICO 04. But it is used for util in 08 (EQ) because for a few days it was the only card with a balance, and the score was 848. (Once another card reported, the score rose to 850, which aligns with your two balances.)

By the way, what's your take on any AU cards that you may have going?

I think your post "might" follow my "suspicion" with FICO 08. I think you lost two points because FICO 08 didn't factor in your 40K CC and you didn't have a balance reporting on any other CC that would be included in util percentage calculations. Having no util on all revolving accounts can ding FICO scores a little. But I bet you already know that. lol

I know what AU cards are, but I'm not sure what you're asking me.

In my world of the 40K card and the other card, the former will soon report as zeroed. We shall seen whether my score will not decrease because the 40K util doesn’t count as you say or the score will revert to two points less because the 40K util does count and is zero as I think.

I brought up AU cards because there are people saying FICO 08 uses them and some say not. When our joint 40K card reports, DW’s only card with an outstanding balance is my other card. Once my new score clarifies the 40K, DW’s clarifies the AU.

If that doesn’t clear up the unresolved, I suppose bringing the reported balances down to the baseline by zeroing the other card as well would help!

Moving along, my first two EX 08 reports reveal a parallel. The one showing both cards is at two points less than the one with the 40K alone, leaving me to believe the 40K is used for util. The thing different from EQ baffling me is that the match of points and balances is opposite, lol.

We'll have to wait and see!Smiley Happy

As for the changes with AU's in the FICO 8 model, the folks at Fair Isaac haven't been specific.  I'm not sure if you read the info in the link below. Apparently, there are some changes.

"The FICO 8 formula substantially reduces any benefit of so-called tradeline renting."

FICO 8 Model

Message 857 of 2,020
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

We'll have to wait and see!Smiley Happy

Zeroed our joint “40K” card, leaving my “other” as the only of all cards with a balance. My score stayed the same, while DW being AU on that other card dropped a whopping 13 points. Four scenarios come to mind:

1) Neither card is used for util. Zeroing one small balance will make just about any change in score unlikely.

2) Both cards are used for util. There is no way reducing the balances by one will drop the score 13 points.

3) The 40K is not used for util while the other is. Zeroing one small balance will make just about any change in score unlikely.

4) The 40K is used for util while the other isn’t. That can easily explain while my score is unchanged while DW’s dropped (to the baseline).

So that may well say something about the ~40K as well as AUs in FICO 08. Smiley Surprised

Message 858 of 2,020
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I remember a discussion in this forum some years ago about how FICO 8 would treat large revolving lines of credit (CC's and HELCO's) once the credit limit reached a certain point. I remember one very knowledgeable forum member shared the FICO 8 Model would remove large revolving LOC from util percentage calculations. Of course, I cannot find that discussion.

I have a starting point when EX was the first CRA to make their FICO 8 score available here. I do remember the balance on my 40K CL CC was about 3K, yet my score was still a perfect 850. Even though that's 7.5% util, it's still a balance. I have a very hard time believing any FICO Scoring Model wouldn't punish a little bit for it. It seems the models will find any reason to lower our scores. I'm hopeful we will have a definitive answer on how FICO 8 treats large revolving LOC. If it turns out that large LOC are not included in util calculations, it would nice to know where it begins. Is 30K, 35K, 40K, or higher?

Message 859 of 2,020
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

All of mine just under 800 or slightly above.

Just got the one this month of 811.

Just goes to show that you dont have to have more than just credit cards to get a decent score...cards are all Ive used.

TU FICO average 819
Message 860 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.