cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@Ubuntu wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

After awhile I found myself playing the "Tweak my FICO Score" game and it just got to be a hobby and something fun to do to see if I could reach 850.

And once I saw it at that level I was very proud of course but I also realized I now had no scores to raise. I'll have to find a new hobby.   Smiley Happy  

Congratulations MVV!

As a hobby I've been playing the "Tweak my FICO Score" game for a a whie now too in pursuit of the trifecta you've acheived. I'm still a bit short but I've gotten soooo close. After my two new backdated Amex cards hit my report I jumped from 748 to 831 on EQ which was better than I'd hoped for. Then I started tweaking balances and number of cards reporting along with a small dose of patience while waiting for some accounts and an inquiry to age.

As of 10/29 this is what my dashboard looks like:

Dashboard - myFICO Member Center 

Now I'm debating whether to find a new hobby as you say Smiley Happy or keep working at it.

My current thought is to add another Amex in January which will push my AAoA up from 10 years to 12 years which I think might do the trick but I'm sure I'll take a hit for the inquiry and then have to wait for it to age. My scores seem to be very sensitive to change probably because my report consists only of 4 primary CC TLs. Last month I accidentially went from 1 card reporting to 0 cards reporting and I was dinged for 23 points although I got 25 back this month when I fixed that probelm.

The only other available action I can see is to add a secured share loan and then wait for that to age. Or possibly do both to keep my AAoA at 10 years and add a new type of credit.

If anyone has any other suggestions for finding 2 or 3 spare points they would be greatly appreciated.

Oh FICO... why do you taunt me with 847 and 848? What in the world could be worth deducting 2 or 3 points? LOL

Edit: MyFICO seems to hate me right now... The image above is being squashed by this site for reasons unknow.

You certainly don't need any advice from me. You are doing just fine!!!

Message 921 of 2,020
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Right! To use it is to lose it.

Message 922 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I recently underwent an itch to app spree my heart out, and I did just that. I received around $23,000 worth of credit in the last 2 weeks in 4 credit cards, and received my Fico scores from all 3 bureaus in the approval letters.

as of 10/2014

-EQ: 771, TU: 761, -EX: 766

I am ecstatic to say the least considering that I started with low 700 scores last year when I hadn't really been paying attention to my credit, other than paying the bills on time and in full whenever I could as to accrue the least amount of interest possible. Thanks to this forum and everyone who has contributed countless stories and personal experiences, I have learned a lot about finances and you've all really helped not only me but thousands if not millions of other non posters who have really taken your advice to heart.

Message 923 of 2,020
paramed3
Regular Contributor

The guy that told me paying all balances off for first times in years as I usually leave 3% on just one CC was right on the money. I lost 11 points. I hit record high of 770 ish across the 3 agencies this last month to see this month take away 11 of those hard earned points
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 924 of 2,020
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

After getting my Nasa card with only a sp,  I stayed in the 800 club,  which I am very happy about. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 925 of 2,020
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I don't know what so called bucket I am in but every time I touch anything to do with my credit I lose fico points. I can use over 10% of a CL THERE goes 4-6 points. If I use each CC each month leave only a less than 3% balance on one my fico stays the same around 760- 780. Only thing that makes a 10-25 point increase is a CL INCREASE. I just got one on all cards and my FICO moved 25 points up.
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 926 of 2,020
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

One of my cards has a $30K limit and good cashback rewards, so I use it for everything, which totals about 10% of the credit line each month. I have several other high-limit cards, but those all show a zero balance at statement time, even if I use them throughout the month for some reason because I pay them off before the statement hits.

So last month, I thought I would see what would happen if I paid off the 10% (mentioned above) before the statement cut. I lost an average of 24 points across the board, credit score wise. Amazing.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 927 of 2,020
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

I congratulate myself for finally becoming debt free, now I am trying to learn how to increase and maintain my scores.

Currently sitting @ 752,767,& 770 (EQ,EX,TU) until rest of cards and auto payoff report.

Message 928 of 2,020
upnorth
New Contributor

It shows how convoluted the scoring system is. Having debt is considered proof of a good debtor, but some one accumulates wealth band has very little outstanding debt is considered a risky debtor. The Bond market on the other prices sovereign bonds opposite  if the FICO scoring system. So German 10 year debt is at half the interest rate of an indebted country like the US. No wonder when the recession came, many high FICO score debtors fell like bowling pins. 

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 929 of 2,020
marty56
Super Contributor

Having a good FICO score doesn;t really mean that you have debt.  back in the days I had tons of debt but a low FICO score.  I don;t carry much debt these days so my score is better.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 930 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.