cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Well, sometimes it's difficult to gauge how FICO fools around with the scoring.  All I know is that, for me, Trans Union always recorded the lowest score of the three (EX, EQ,Tu) whenever I checked my scores.  Last week, however, TU had me at 850, which may mean that all three of mine are at 850, if prior scoring is any indication.  I won't check my scores again though until MyFico offers another 15-20% discount.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1001 of 2,020
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@LilyBee wrote:

Well, sometimes it's difficult to gauge how FICO fools around with the scoring.  All I know is that, for me, Trans Union always recorded the lowest score of the three (EX, EQ,Tu) whenever I checked my scores.  Last week, however, TU had me at 850, which may mean that all three of mine are at 850, if prior scoring is any indication.  I won't check my scores again though until MyFico offers another 15-20% discount.

I'm not encouragiing you to spend money and I don't want to mention unmentionables but a quick Google for you-know-who and "promo code" will almost always get you a 20% discount from a "retail" site.

Message 1002 of 2,020
guydiver
Established Contributor

Well, as you can see in my siggy, I almost made it.  Barclay posted my TU Fico this morning at 758.  I have five credit cards, and was reporting high 40's% overall utilization.  I paid off one of them to $0 and it reported before the Barclay score, so I got a 19 pt. increase.  The good news is, I have also almost paid off another Visa card this month, dropping the balance from about 85% to a current 4%.  It will report in one week, and I plan to pay it off completely before then.  That will leave me with only 2/5 cards reporting balances.  Even though those balances are relatively high, my overall util. should be <30%.  I'm fairly confident that will put me over the 760 threshold i've been shooting for.  But, I now have that magic 800 number on my mind.  Not that it's a big deal, but I would love to see it just once. 

Message 1003 of 2,020
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

@guydiver wrote:

I'm fairly confident that will put me over the 760 threshold i've been shooting for.  But, I now have that magic 800 number on my mind.  Not that it's a big deal, but I would love to see it just once. 

Good work! Fingers crossed on the 760 and definitely keep working toward 800. There's no direct benefit to it but it's nice to have a healthy cushion so you'll stay above 760 if something affects your score like balances change, hard pulls, new apps, the FICO gods having a bad day, etc Smiley Happy

Message 1004 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually surprised to find myself a member of this club so quickly, after joining myfico last September with scores in the very low 600's and utilization at around 65%.     A few days ago TU excluded some old medical collections, and my score there jumped from 670 to 780! 

Other info: 1 30 day late showing on TU, oldest account 10 years 11 months, average age of all accounts 5 years, average age of open accounts 3.9.   Number of CC's: 4, 1 closed, 2 new as of 11/14.  Inquiries: 2.  Util: 1%.   Number of installment loans:  0

Ironically, one of my recent cards is still a low limit secured card.

I don't know how long I'll stay up here in the stratosphere, as i will probaby be apping for better cards in the next couple of  months.  But for now, it feels good to breathe in this "High Achieving" air!

Thanks again for all the invaluable info you all have shared on this board to help get me here.  

Message 1005 of 2,020
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm actually surprised to find myself a member of this club so quickly, after joining myfico last September with scores in the very low 600's and utilization at around 65%.     A few days ago TU excluded some old medical collections, and my score there jumped from 670 to 780! 

Other info: 1 30 day late showing on TU, oldest account 10 years 11 months, average age of all accounts 5 years, average age of open accounts 3.9.   Number of CC's: 4, 1 closed, 2 new as of 11/14.  Inquiries: 2.  Util: 1%.   Number of installment loans:  0

Ironically, one of my recent cards is still a low limit secured card.

I don't know how long I'll stay up here in the stratosphere, as i will probaby be apping for better cards in the next couple of  months.  But for now, it feels good to breathe in this "High Achieving" air!

Thanks again for all the invaluable info you all have shared on this board to help get me here.  

As long as you keep doing all the right things there is no reason your scores will not remain high.

Congratulations on your achievement by the way.

Message 1006 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

As long as you keep doing all the right things there is no reason your scores will not remain high.

Congratulations on your achievement by the way.

Ditto, ABC123:

Your post is evident that MyFico has finally eliminated/postponed medical costs that have caused many folks' scores to drop for a lengthy period.  A big step forward for consumers.

Thanks for posting such a pleasant surprise for your short-term on the Forum.  I'm sure many others will be grateful for the much-needed change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1007 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I definitely plan to continue doing all the right things Smiley Happy I only meant that I may take somewhat of a FICO scoreI hit when I add on new cards, what with inquiries and lowered AAoA. I plan on being fairly conservative with this, maybe adding two or three more by the end of this year.

Message 1008 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW a clarification for LilyBee: The medical collections came off not because of myfico but because I wrote transunion and asked for an early exclusion. They were due to fall off the TU report in June. However you are right that Fico 9 , once it's in use will make it easier for those with medical collections.
Message 1009 of 2,020
Aarvard
Established Contributor

My TU 08 is 765 now, and hopefully I can keep it and get the other two over to this side of the 760 boundary Smiley Happy

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1010 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.