cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Oh, I don't know Sarge. 

Since I first received a credit card score in 2007 when I discovered MyFico, the progress has shown how responsible I am, thanks to my parents.  They taught me to never be late with payments and to pay off any bill as soon as you  can.  Don't charge unless you have to.  And, they didn't know about credit scores way back then.

I do have a mortgage to be paid off in 10 years, and a high credit limit.  And, since I don't know how to post those Fico numbers on this website, they look awfully pretty on my wall.   I like mine.  I'm very pleased at what I have been able to accomplish.  It's just a matter of different strokes for different folks.  But, there are other things in life to be concerned about, like the upcoming elections.  GaaK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1201 of 2,020
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

I love a great FICO it's become an addiction to me. Last 2 weeks working with Wells Fargo they tell me anything over 740 is a waste and you can have 800 across and not enough income and they won't loan a dime to you. Income means a lot today. A new credit monitor for sure ARE YOU ABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS. Well I got a 37,000 personal loan first bank loan in over 10 years. I've had to use finance companies but have years of perfect payment with them and 8 years of 100% payment history on all 5 credit cards. I am scared to death of missing a credit card one month. I check them 10 times after payment.

It feels good to come from 500 range into 800s. I have dropped high 700 over new loan but it will set me up to push on to 840 my goal. Not sure I will see 850. I just wish my income was 150k a year. These rental houses did just add 1500 but still that's not 150k secured income from a job. People that have high FICO and high income are their for a reason. They use credit resonsible.
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 1202 of 2,020
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I hate autocorrect how do you cut that thing off.
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 1203 of 2,020
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I too,  am after that elusive  "850"  score.  If only I could reach it on just one report I would be a happy camper. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1204 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

@paramed3 wrote:
I love a great FICO it's become an addiction to me. Last 2 weeks working with Wells Fargo they tell me anything over 740 is a waste and you can have 800 across and not enough income and they won't loan a dime to you. Income means a lot today. A new credit monitor for sure ARE YOU ABLE TO PAY YOUR BILLS. Well I got a 37,000 personal loan first bank loan in over 10 years. I've had to use finance companies but have years of perfect payment with them and 8 years of 100% payment history on all 5 credit cards. I am scared to death of missing a credit card one month. I check them 10 times after payment.

It feels good to come from 500 range into 800s. I have dropped high 700 over new loan but it will set me up to push on to 840 my goal. Not sure I will see 850. I just wish my income was 150k a year. These rental houses did just add 1500 but still that's not 150k secured income from a job. People that have high FICO and high income are their for a reason. They use credit resonsible.

I'd agree that people who have high FICO scores likely use credit responsibly, but higher incomes do not necessarily lead to responsible credit use. 

Message 1205 of 2,020
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@paramed3 wrote:

I'd agree that people who have high FICO scores likely use credit responsibly, but higher incomes do not necessarily lead to responsible credit use. 

Non useful sample size; however, everyone I've met with FU money has worse credit than I do, and mo money = worse score too; the two near billionaires I've talked more than twice to have worse credit than when I started on this forum, but when you can blow serious change on a new car every week, worrying about little people problems isn't time efficient... or something like that haha.

        
Message 1206 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Revelate:

Agree somewhat with your small sample observations.  This is why we have the statistical curve, in this case with the billionaires on the one end and the very poor at the other in considering FICO scores.  The poor don't really know about them, since they are just trying to get by and have other major worries.  And, the wealthy don't care and maybe don't know about them either, since they have flunkies to manipulate their significant funds.  Then you have people like me at the top of the

curve (for now unless I do something stupid), who don't worry about gyrating Fico scores because my financial behavior is simply a matter of course.  My parents were right all along. 

But, I am an observer of human behavior when it comes to money and decisions, so I come on this website to see and try to understand how folks deal with this issue of getting by, sometimes under very difficult circumstances.  FICO scores are measures of how we handle money and not a measure of our worth or integrity, in many cases I would guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1207 of 2,020
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@LilyBee wrote:

Revelate:

Agree somewhat with your small sample observations.  This is why we have the statistical curve, in this case with the billionaires on the one end and the very poor at the other in considering FICO scores.  The poor don't really know about them, since they are just trying to get by and have other major worries.  And, the wealthy don't care and maybe don't know about them either, since they have flunkies to manipulate their significant funds.  Then you have people like me at the top of the

curve (for now unless I do something stupid), who don't worry about gyrating Fico scores because my financial behavior is simply a matter of course.  My parents were right all along. 

But, I am an observer of human behavior when it comes to money and decisions, so I come on this website to see and try to understand how folks deal with this issue of getting by, sometimes under very difficult circumstances.  FICO scores are measures of how we handle money and not a measure of our worth or integrity, in many cases I would guess.

Like the post and agree with it; however, there's little to no correlation between value as human being and FICO scoring AFAIK.  Historically the perception that the two are somehow related only occurs in a very small percentage of people who find this forum; however, as this is a self-selecting population and the overwhelming majority of people who find this forum is because something went wrong with their life which relates to credit.  

It'd be an interesting social research project I suppose to see if FICO and credit scores in general have any intrinsic value outside of the typical risk/profit analysis everyone is aware of in terms of determing non-financial behavior or personality or integrity of the individual being evaluated.  For example, I think if someone went and analyzed the posts on this forum for various personality traits they'd find folks all over the map on that front, and that's out of the self-selected population of mostly credit unpretty people.

        
Message 1208 of 2,020
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
Like the post and agree with it; however, there's little to no correlation between value as human being and FICO scoring AFAIK.  Historically the perception that the two are somehow related only occurs in a very small percentage of people who find this forum; however, as this is a self-selecting population and the overwhelming majority of people who find this forum is because something went wrong with their life which relates to credit.  

It'd be an interesting social research project I suppose to see if FICO and credit scores in general have any intrinsic value outside of the typical risk/profit analysis everyone is aware of in terms of determing non-financial behavior or personality or integrity of the individual being evaluated.  For example, I think if someone went and analyzed the posts on this forum for various personality traits they'd find folks all over the map on that front, and that's out of the self-selected population of mostly credit unpretty people.

I've never personally experienced it but I've read several times (no citations handy) that some businesses use FICO scores as a factor in the hiring process. I always assumed that was done as a measure of a persons character but there might be a statistical correlation between FICO scores and success in certain industries or certain job specific tasks.

No real point here just typing out loud.

Message 1209 of 2,020
iv
Valued Contributor

@Ubuntu wrote:

I've never personally experienced it but I've read several times (no citations handy) that some businesses use FICO scores as a factor in the hiring process. I always assumed that was done as a measure of a persons character but there might be a statistical correlation between FICO scores and success in certain industries or certain job specific tasks.

No real point here just typing out loud.

I've never run into scores being used for employment. Reports? Frequently. But I've never seen scores used.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 1210 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.