cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
lloyd1981
Established Member

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@LilyBee wrote:

Sorry about the credit scores check, Lloyd.  They do not aggregate.  I learned that a while ago when I shopped around for the best mortgage. 

What are your wife's/woman's credit scores?  Next time, if she needs a new car, let her buy it. Smiley Wink  No reason to ruin your scores.

I won't be checking my scores again until October or November.  Unfortunately, I had a flat tire doing the speed limit of 70 on I-95, in July.  The total damage and resulting fixes it did to my car were close to $3000.  Actually, if it was a front tire, I'd be dead and I wouldn't have to worry about it.  But, until those charges clear up this month, I'll have to give myself an extra month before I even think of checking my scores.

The plus is, at least you have good scores for now.  Hard to get to even 760+ for some folks.

Cheers.

Well, I'll start out with this (which is not the most extensive explanation I have read but since I do have a real life, got to the first that showed up to save time):

Inquiries - Requests for your Credit History (Equifax)
Numerous inquires on your credit file for new credit may cause you to appear
risky to lenders, so it is usually better to only seek new credit when you need it.
Typically lenders distinguish between inquiries for a single loan and many new
loans in part by the length of time over which the inquiries occur. So, when rate
shopping for a loan it's a good idea to do it within a focused period of time.

So you get got because THE DEALER ran checks for best interest at the moment. Nothing I asked for. The first two Lexus I bought from the dealer were financed through Toyota at a low rate and no looking around. Those are the ones paid off. Should apply to rating as well.

Strange. I guess you didn't really read my post. BUYING the car has already upped my score. Not HAVING A CAR LOAN was what dropped my score 30+ points. She has a rating above 815 and $185,000.00 of "bank-type" credit with pretty low interest rates. Doesn't count her personal accounts at joints like Neiman and Tiffany. (All paid off - only three cards open.)

Bold, color, italic post is about as bad as all caps, but I'll go on.

Having problems with rear tires can be far worse than front tires. Example: A high speed blow out with any car (like M-B) that has zero degree offset steering (and not front wheel - gag me - drive) will allow a straight line braking and save that rear end from losing control.

Thanks for your advice. And no, I have never seen any purpose other than grand ego in posting lists of credit cards or credit scores. Just... do it plain.

EDIT:

Ooops! Forgot. I generally pay what is allowed against pending balances so, for example, if I pay off a gas card, then make a purchase, some cards will allow payment against pending amounts. After my early post today, I received a change notice from FICO. My score dropped 5 points this afternoon. A 100% increase to one account dragged it down. An $18.00 charge made last month and paid last month just appeared!  Only amount due. Outstanding.

Message 1411 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Good show CPP.  Keep it up!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1412 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Well, here I go again, lloyd.  The regular font on this community forum looks wimpy to me so I use this one.  At least it's not in all caps. Close your eyes.

The 'Requests for Credit History" is what I learned after shopping around for a mortgage.  It is useful information for those seeking to make a major purchase.  All aspects of financial matters ought to be taught in elementary school and beyond--age appropriate, of course.  People have poor spending habits and low scores because they don't understand how the credit game works, among other things financial.

I didn't really want to see your woman's/wife's scores; I was just making an uncalled for comment.

I did read your post.  ["BUYING the car has already upped my score. Not HAVING A CAR LOAN was what dropped my score 30+ points."]  I must have gotten distracted with the caps and misunderstood what you were saying. Smiley Indifferent

Interesting comments about the front vs. rear tires in my auto accident.  My car does have (gag you) front wheel drive, but I was able to control it quite well--took my foot off the gas, slowed down, and didn't brake until I pulled over to the side of the road, all without involving anyone else.  I'm sure they kept their distance.  The tire ripped out part of my left side panel and practically destroyed the bumper.  (It's a Cadillac.) So it was an interesting event for me, but I wasn't rattled at all.  The reason being, before I went on the weekend jaunt, I had a "Power of Attorney" notarized, so I was all set to 'go'.  Thinking ahead.

On accounts, as a matter of course, I use a debit card for purchases.  But, when it comes to a relatively large mishap like a $3000 car restoration, I'll use a credit card because I hate to take that much out of my accounts in one 'fell swoop.'  So, I'll prolong the pain and just pay it off when the bill comes due.  Also, seeing the history of my credit scores keeps me on my obsessive track to control my spending habits. 

Now it's back to my real life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.

Message 1413 of 2,020
lloyd1981
Established Member

@LilyBee wrote:

Well, here I go again, lloyd.  The regular font on this community forum looks wimpy to me so I use this one.  At least it's not in all caps. Close your eyes.

The 'Requests for Credit History" is what I learned after shopping around for a mortgage.  It is useful information for those seeking to make a major purchase.  All aspects of financial matters ought to be taught in elementary school and beyond--age appropriate, of course.  People have poor spending habits and low scores because they don't understand how the credit game works, among other things financial.

I didn't really want to see your woman's/wife's scores; I was just making an uncalled for comment.

I did read your post.  ["BUYING the car has already upped my score. Not HAVING A CAR LOAN was what dropped my score 30+ points."]  I must have gotten distracted with the caps and misunderstood what you were saying. Smiley Indifferent

Interesting comments about the front vs. rear tires in my auto accident.  My car does have (gag you) front wheel drive, but I was able to control it quite well--took my foot off the gas, slowed down, and didn't brake until I pulled over to the side of the road, all without involving anyone else.  I'm sure they kept their distance.  The tire ripped out part of my left side panel and practically destroyed the bumper.  (It's a Cadillac.) So it was an interesting event for me, but I wasn't rattled at all.  The reason being, before I went on the weekend jaunt, I had a "Power of Attorney" notarized, so I was all set to 'go'.  Thinking ahead.

On accounts, as a matter of course, I use a debit card for purchases.  But, when it comes to a relatively large mishap like a $3000 car restoration, I'll use a credit card because I hate to take that much out of my accounts in one 'fell swoop.'  So, I'll prolong the pain and just pay it off when the bill comes due.  Also, seeing the history of my credit scores keeps me on my obsessive track to control my spending habits. 

Now it's back to my real life.

RE: Wimpy font.

Need to review your browser settings. And your font selection. Use a font with a true "Medium" and you won't have to resort to bold italic. This font appears to be  a basic house open font and you should be able to achieve what you like in plain black and white. You need to do what web builders do: Check your post on a range of OS (Mac and Windows) and browsers. You'll probably find that bold purple italic simply looks like an ego trip. (And considering your comment regarding my targeted use of caps in basic Rich Text as opposed to full HTML (I have built about a dozen sites, the largest being manufaturer catalogs exceeding 200 pages... ).

RE: Blow-outs.

Apparently, you don't understand the concept of decreased steering capabilities for various drive modules. Remember that front wheel drive also means front end transmission and the drag factor any rear end offers when there is a front-end blowout v. one of the rear tires. Having started with sports car racing many years ago, I have a fair knowledge of things car. Why I gave up on Cadillacs in 1985 when I switched to a M-B 500SEL. I've stayed away from American cars since. Fortunately, bankruptcy of most gave them the impetus to pretend they are German or Japanese. And now the Japanese are chasing the South Koreans.

RE: Large restoration.

Sorry if you consider $3,000.00 to be a "large" restoration. From your comments, I assume you did not have adequate (or any) insurance or if you did, you didn't want to use it. Lots of wrecks, or just your option?

RE: Spending habits.

Good that you have gained control. (Not sure if that is supposed to be good or bad. As in history.)  Remember: Never spend more than what you can pay off in 90 days unless for a car, a dwelling or an emergency, and always try to have at least 60 days of income in a readily accessible account (90 days of net income is best). Started building my and my company's current booking and income against future income long ago. Back in 1984, using the father of Excel (MultiPlan by MS), I built my first bugeting modules. Remember: Cash gets you nothing by way of records; building a track record of trust through paying your obligations is the key.

So, that's the end of this. Anything more would be useless.

Ciao!

Message 1414 of 2,020
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@lloyd1981wrote:

RE: Blow-outs.

And now the Japanese are chasing the South Koreans.

Ciao!

Perhaps for TVs and electronics but, for cars, and SUVs - not true.

DW and I have only purchased Japanese cars (Toyota, Honda and Acura) since 1986. Never a disappointment. Solid builds, good handling and industry leading reliability. The 1997 Toyota Supra twin-turbo was it back in the day and is still iconic. Never a fan of Cadillac or M-B.

May migrate to a Audi hybrid/electric down the road but, S.K. cars - not happening. Very disappointed in transmission and handling in S.K. SUVs I test drove a couple years back.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 1415 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Thomas T:  [Good scores]

Agree about the Japanese cars.  Among the cars I've had, I really liked the Honda Accord Coupe.  Gave it to my son who is still driving it.  But, I love my Cad--smooth ride, great power, speakers, upholstery, etc.  Drove it coast to coast a few times with nary a problem.  But now, I'll give it to my son as I look around for another car at the end of Sept. or Oct.; probably Honda's big sister, Lexus. 

Lloyd: 

Actually, you're correct about the $3000 for restoration.  I don't have any monthly charges except for token ones to maintain my "responsible use of $$", so I used that to keep my scores 'honest.'  This was the first accident I've ever been in, so paying it off won't affect my insurance.  I have no bills other than a mortgage, thanks to guaranteed sources of income. 

You're right too about my lack of knowledge on auto dynamics.  It seemed to me that a flat in front, at a high rate of speed, would make a car flip easier than not.  But what do I know.  Always something new to learn.

Look!  No bold font..

Message 1416 of 2,020
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@LilyBeewrote:

Thomas T:  [Good scores]

Agree about the Japanese cars.  Among the cars I've had, I really liked the Honda Accord Coupe.  Gave it to my son who is still driving it.  But, I love my Cad--smooth ride, great power, speakers, upholstery, etc.  Drove it coast to coast a few times with nary a problem.  But now, I'll give it to my son as I look around for another car at the end of Sept. or Oct.; probably Honda's big sister, Lexus. [ Honda's glam sisiter is Acura. DW really liked her Acura MDX but then switched to Toyota. Toyota's glam sister is Lexus. We actually preferred the Toyata Highlander Hybrid Limited to its Lexus counterpart].

I prefer cars to SUVs. I was loyal to Toyota from 1986 to 2006 but then switched to Honda (2006 Accord V6 hybrid) - still have it. Best build quality in a car I have owned. I prefer key ignitions - old school. I was happy to see Subaru offered a V6 Legacy in 2016 with a key ignition. Unfortunately I'll likely be SOL next year when I am ready for a replacement car.

Lloyd: 

Actually, you're correct about the $3000 for restoration.  I don't have any monthly charges except for token ones to maintain my "responsible use of $$", so I used that to keep my scores 'honest.'  This was the first accident I've ever been in, so paying it off won't affect my insurance.  I have no bills other than a mortgage, thanks to guaranteed sources of income. 

You're right too about my lack of knowledge on auto dynamics.  It seemed to me that a flat in front, at a high rate of speed, would make a car flip easier than not.  But what do I know.  Always something new to learn.

Look!  No bold font..

Certainly true for a bike.

Ok we are off topic and probably should get back to Fico scores/scoring. Thanks for the comment on my scores. I believe in the KISS principle - "charge stuff, get statement and pay statement balance before due date. Take out loan(s) make installment payments per plan".

Although Lloyd takes issue with posting scores and CC credit lines, it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-nhED3TmA

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-bob-dylan-it-s-all-good/f369156a41a8ccc486e4

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 1417 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

ThomasT:   The colored font does seem to add more character.Smiley Wink

Listened to Naomi's "It's all good" -- and then some.  Nice mellow voice.  Funky desert shoes.  Thanks for sharing.  Dylan's wouldn't play for me.

Some time ago, someone told me that Honda manufactured the Lexus; glad to know they were wrong and that it is Toyota, another worthy brand.

Back to FICO  . . .

Message 1418 of 2,020
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@LilyBee, the cars' emblem can give you an idea which brands are related. Honda's logo is an H; Acura's logo is an A -- basically an H with the top part pushed together. The Toyota logo is vertical and horizontal ovals inside a big oval. With Lexus, imagine zooming in on the horizontal oval so you only see the soft L inside the big oval. At least that's how I remember.

Just in case I need credentials to post here: 850 across the board for FICO 8.
Message 1419 of 2,020
Regular Contributor

Super fascinating.

Fico 8 Scores
7/2020: EQ - 842; TU - 832; EX - 848
10/2017: EQ - 823; TU - 835; EX - 824
05/2016: EQ - 712; TU - 706; EX - 710
11/2015: EQ - 694; TU - 651; EX - 653
5/2015: EQ - 670
5/2014: EQ - 653
11/2013: EQ - 645
05/2013: EQ - 656
11/2012: EQ - 646

Eight CCs ($179,500 CL, 0%-1% UTIL)
AoOA = 18.6 years, AAoA = 60 mos., AoYA = 18 mos.
One mortgage, one HELOC, no car loans.
Derogs from 2009 and 2010 now gone after 7 years. I started paying attention to credit scores in about 2014. It's taken a few years but credit scores are now good after starting in the high 500s back in 2011

Message 1420 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.