cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, my credit score is 812. It was 813 (the highest it has ever been), but lost a point when I charged a couple hundred bucks to a credit card. My secret I guess would be that I have never been late on a bill payment, paid all my cars off a little early and have been reasonably responsibe with my credit cards.

Hi tonnage9000!

An 812 is still nothing to complain about.  Congratulations on your wonderful score!

Message 451 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@Anonymous wrote:

My EQ is 772, still waiting for EXP and TU to catch up (both around the 675 mark or so) once some old baddies drop off this year and next. They continue to vex me. So far, my 772 EQ has netted me ZERO. Apped at my back for a card and was denied due to TU, the only CR they pulled!

Get a high score...no one pulls it for anything...story of my life!

Hi jle4044!

I'm sure that some lenders will eventually pull your EQ score.  It does vary with your geographical location. 

Congratulations on your 772 EQ score!

Message 452 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Client9 wrote:
I have an EQ of 786, my TU is lagging at 734.

Hi Client9!

You have a great EQ score, and a TU score that many forum members must envy!

Congratulations on being a FICO High Achiever!

Message 453 of 2,020
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Psychic..since you are a veteran of this forum can you look at my situation and give me your feedback. I really appreciate it.

EQ- 786

TU- 773

EX- 736 (Lender pull)

Scores are based on current utilization of 7.7% as of December 1, 2009 ( last reported data)

As of 12/26/2009 my current utilization is 55%, (Christmas and car repairs).  How much do you think my scores will go down based on the increase in utilization.  I do have the cash to pay them down, except right after Jan 1, I will have property tax bills clearing my bank. I know this next strategy is strange but would it be worth it to pay the balances down before Jan 1 and then after Jan 1 take a cash advance to cover my property taxes.  Then I have until Feb 1 to pay down the balances again.  I have come a long way on my scores in the last two to three years ( started in the 580s), so I am concerned at how big a hit my scores could take now.

Does it help much if I could get utilization under 50%?

Unless you own a Rolls Royce or bought Christmas for the Osmond family you need a high credit limit credit union credit card. 

Message 454 of 2,020
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

rwkxxx wrote:
My FICO score of 808 was much older than I thought and it was from Equifax  on  May 13,2009 so I ran another Fico check from TransUnion and it dropped to 788. Now I need to find out why the bid drop. It  is bothering me.

Both your Equifax score and TransUnion score are FICO scores, as you got the EQ from their site and the TU from here. But they result from different formulas, and it is very rare that your EQ FICO matches your TU FICO matches your EX FICO (which we can't even buy any more.)

So that EQ 808 and that TU 788 may not represent a drop. It might be that your two reports have some important differences, plus the different FICO formulas crunch their numbers differently.

Check the scores of those of us who post them. You'll see that they can vary wildly from bureau to bureau, even when they're truly FICO scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 455 of 2,020
mx6bfast
Valued Member

@mx6bfast wrote:

@mx6bfast wrote:

Back in September 2002 I had a score of 777 with credit history of only 7 years. Since then I've gotten married and we have had major credit issues that were not always a result of our doing. We tried to get our $20k of stock money that was tied up in a court battle for 2 years and we only got just under $6k of it. I don't know how bad our credit score actually got but now we are back up to 639 from 622 (July 2008) (was 650 in August before auto loan approval). We have a 4 year plan to get back up to that level again and pay off all debts, including student/auto loans except mortgage. 

So count me as been there, hope to be back in the club. I saved that printout from 2002 for motivation.

Message Edited by mx6bfast on 11-28-2008 02:25 PM

Today I did the free trials of credit scores at Experian and TU. Ended up with scores of 713 & 705 respectively. I honestly was very surprised by how much it jumped, I expected to maybe be in the 680's. All of this with a 5% pay decrease in January, wife off work for nearly 3 months starting in February with pregnancy complications/maternity leave and no income (now back at work), and double daycare costs and new hospital bills coming in. It has been tough and we still have more tough times ahead, but we are on our way to getting back to where we want to be. It's possible we can get there by the time we might move to Florida in 2 years.

I'm stoked!!

Message Edited by mx6bfast on 05-20-2009 10:13 AM

Checked my wife's TU and she is up to 735! We are always within a couple of points of each other. Plus she hasn't gotten the free TU before so we figured this was a good time. Saving the other freebie from Experian for later.

And this is after getting a Firestone credit card just under a year ago. Almost there!

Off topic but TU shows a high score of 990. Is that right? I thought the 800's were the highest?

Message 456 of 2,020
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mx6bfast wrote:

Checked my wife's TU and she is up to 735! We are always within a couple of points of each other. Plus she hasn't gotten the free TU before so we figured this was a good time. Saving the other freebie from Experian for later.

And this is after getting a Firestone credit card just under a year ago. Almost there!

Off topic but TU shows a high score of 990. Is that right? I thought the 800's were the highest?

That 990 is the highest range of what is called a VantageScore. That is not a FICO score. This is from Experian.com:

VantageScore is a credit score developed jointly by Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. This score uses the same formula across all three credit reporting agencies, resulting in a more accurate and consistent picture of your credit history.

Message 457 of 2,020
rosa29617
New Contributor

Then that's even better; the vantage score, that is.
Message 458 of 2,020
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Too bad they can't get any lenders other than Kohl's to adopt it. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 459 of 2,020
marty56
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Too bad they can't get any lenders other than Kohl's to adopt it. Smiley Wink

Until my recent auto loan refi and new CC, I had A Vantage scores (900).  So it seems I am a little closes to the Vanatage 800 club then the FICO 8000 by a little under 2 years.

It would be interesting to know how Kohl's use of the Vantage score has been working for them so far.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 460 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.