cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Seems like TU98 treats 2 CC with balances the same as 1. Might try to let 0 report and see if I can get that puppy over 800. Just once.

Message 501 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@ncscgirl2005 wrote:

Just pulled my scores from MyFico

TU-798

EQ-786

Woo Hoo! I'm happy but I need to see what else I can do to bump these babies up to 800!

Those are wonderful scores, ncscgirl2005! 

Congratulations!

Message 502 of 2,020
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

New EQ via Score Watch 781. Only 1 credit card reporting a balance. I expect to drop back down to 773 once the Citi card reports a small balance leaving 2 cards reporting a balance.

Citi reported a small balance on my CC. 2 cards with a balance. As I expected I gave back the 8 points. 781-773. I need to have only 1 card report a balance if I want my optimum score. Code cracked at least for my own report. Smiley Very Happy

Message 503 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current EQ FICO is 788!

It was 723 in January.  Some of my accounts aged and all negative items have been removed by either PFD or Goodwill letters.  All thanks to MyFico and all the great people here who are so very helpful.

I have one Capital One card with a $3000 CL and am an aouthorized user on my husband's Macy's card.  Other than that I pay my student loans faithfully (and probably will be for the next 20 years!!) and keep my credit card balance low.

Thinking I might apply for one more CC just to try and kick my score up over 800....suggestions? 

Thanks again to this great forum and great people! Smiley Very Happy

Message 504 of 2,020
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was 723 in January.  Some of my accounts aged and all negative items have been removed by either PFD or Goodwill letters.  All thanks to MyFico and all the great people here who are so very helpful.

I have one Capital One card with a $3000 CL and am an aouthorized user on my husband's Macy's card.  Other than that I pay my student loans faithfully (and probably will be for the next 20 years!!) and keep my credit card balance low.

Thinking I might apply for one more CC just to try and kick my score up over 800....suggestions? 

American Express.

Message 505 of 2,020
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

American Express.

Congrats on the great score!!!  You'd get a sweet limit & rate on the Nationwide Visa.  I'd go for that. 0% int. for 1 year from purchase date on any automotive charge.  From gas to a complete autobody & paint job!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 506 of 2,020
sfflyfish
Established Member

Back in April of 2008 my TU score plummeted from 768 to 711.

After going over reports with a fine tooth comb the best guess for the plunge was a rebucket.

By April this year (2010)  my TU score was 757. I had slowly clawed back all but 11 points and was still shy of the 'magic' 760

Since I'm about to re-fi my home, I pulled my TU and EX scores from here today.

Finally! a TU 770, EQ 798.

Interestingly in all that time my EQ score only varied by one point 797-798?

Gee ! it's good to be home.

01/01/2016: TU FICO- 844, EX FICO- 850

Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score.
Message 507 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's wonderful news, sfflyfish! 

Congratulations on your scores.  Welcome home!

Message 508 of 2,020
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I bought the EQ SW 2 months ago to test number of accounts with balances and the effect on my EQ score. I can now say with relative certainty that EQ likes 1 credit card reporting better than 2. With 1 score is 781 with 2 score is 773. If AMEX ever reports I will see what the score is with no cards reporting a balance.

Message 509 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not amex?  I just got one.

Message 510 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.