cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Over 760 on all 3. EQ 777 EX 775 TU 801.

Message 581 of 2,020
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

I tried SO hard....but alas....

Your Latest FICO® Scores

Offical FICO Score SealTransUnionDate: 11/29/2010
Buy Today's Score
EquifaxDate: 12/24/2010

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 582 of 2,020
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

OH SO close Mo!!

You'll get there soon.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 583 of 2,020
jheckathorn

I just had my FICO scores pulled yesterday by a mortgage lender.  Drumroll please...   

Equifax:  801

Experian:  785

TU:  808

My EX score was over 800 a few months ago when I last checked, so I guess it's time to do a little digging and figure out why I dropped out of the 800 club this time.

Message 584 of 2,020
hunter399
New Contributor

Just curious - does being 800+ give any real benefit over someone with, say, 760? Obviously the higher the better, but are there circumstances that an 800 would actually give someone a leg up on someone with an [already outstanding] 760?

Message 585 of 2,020
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@hunter399 wrote:

Just curious - does being 800+ give any real benefit over someone with, say, 760? Obviously the higher the better, but are there circumstances that an 800 would actually give someone a leg up on someone with an [already outstanding] 760?

I don't think so. After a certain point it's strictly for bragging rights although it seems like the scores needed for the best rates keep inching upward.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 586 of 2,020
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@hunter399 wrote:

I don't think so. After a certain point it's strictly for bragging rights although it seems like the scores needed for the best rates keep inching upward.

From a BK years ago to:

I will agree to disagree.

No major difference once you reach the top tiers for rates except when you apply for additional credit the possibility of still being in the top tiers could be an issue. 

Example for illustration purposes;

Have 800 FICO score apply for new CC, possible ding for INQ and possible ding for new account, assuming you get dinged and lose 15 points, leaves you with a FICO score of 785. This scenario keeps you in the top tier and rates are the same for major purchases still.

If you use the same scenario and starting FICO is 760 you fall below the top tier and the rates change for major purchases costing you more money over time.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 587 of 2,020
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Your Latest FICO® Scores
Offical FICO Score SealTransUnionDate: 12/20/2010
Buy Today's Score
EquifaxDate: 1/3/2011
Buy Today's Score

Made it into the club (EQ).  Is it me, or does the air really smell fresher up hear???

Message 588 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@jheckathorn wrote:

I just had my FICO scores pulled yesterday by a mortgage lender.  Drumroll please...   

Equifax:  801

Experian:  785

TU:  808

My EX score was over 800 a few months ago when I last checked, so I guess it's time to do a little digging and figure out why I dropped out of the 800 club this time.

Those are terrific scores, jheckathorn!  Congratulations!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 589 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@ChemGuy wrote:
Your Latest FICO® Scores
Offical FICO Score SealTransUnionDate: 12/20/2010
Buy Today's Score
EquifaxDate: 1/3/2011
Buy Today's Score

Made it into the club (EQ).  Is it me, or does the air really smell fresher up hear???

It's wonderful to see that you made it into "the club."  773 is a great EQ score!

Congratulations! 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 590 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.