cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Congratulations on your scores, LilyBee!

Message 1031 of 2,020
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Just broke 780 for the first time! (Citi Equifax score)

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 1032 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gh17 wrote:

Just broke 780 for the first time! (Citi Equifax score)

Congrats on the 780

I have never hit that mark... max for me is like 776 with some months dropping as low as 753 depending on new apps.

I haven't dared to dream about 800 yet.

Message 1033 of 2,020
sfoboy85
Established Member

Today I hit a new high Smiley Happy Just wanted to share my happiness Smiley Happy

EQ FICO: 813
TU FICO: 826

Yeaaaaay Smiley Happy

6 years of credit history, 3 years average account age!

EQ FICO 827
TU FICO 836
EX FICO 824
Credit history of 6 years only!!!
Message 1034 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Thank you, my-own-f.  And congratulations to the most recent higher scores in the 700s and 800s.  I still haven't checked my Big 3 fico scores, but I would guess that my EX score is also 850. It's taken me 20 years of credit to get 850 all across, so I'm surprised that some of you with the higher scores have only been 'Fico-involved' for a short time.

I still think that some of the CR regulations have changed to accommodate those with good credit and fewer scoring years.   For the record, I have about 25 credit cards from quite a few years back; use only 2 once in awhile; have a mortgage that's almost paid off; and no outstanding debts.  I've never been late with a payment; usually pay off any charges within a month; and have no derogatory comments on any account. 

That saying, so if I have 850 across all scores, what the F were they waiting for?Smiley Mad  Maybe a blood sample.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1035 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am SO CLOSE to joining this club at 750, 753, and 755.  I'm in my mid 30's and 22 months ago (July of 2013) my score was 580.  I had no idea that it was so low as I had never used it.  Never had a credit card, always paid cash for everything, I haven't been a single day late on a bill in 20 years, and never signed any contracts pulling me into any kind of commitment.  I got tired of driving $5000 beater cars and went in for a new vehicle only to find out that my credit was atrocious. 

100% of it was due to derogs from my FATHER as we have the same name and, because of his inability to act like an adult, every couple of years he has to move back in with me giving us the same address.  I ended up explaining all of this to the dealership and they worked me into a first time buyers program with a "meh" interest rate on a brand new Kia Soul.  Then I started working on getting all of the misapplied collections/late payments/derogatory remarks removed, one at a time, from each agency.

10 months after that they had all been pulled (dozens of them across all three agencies and some of them 15 years old and still showing on there).  This seems to be a never ending cycle as, every few months, something new of HIS pops up on MY report.  Non-payment for a medical bill here, a phone bill there, and apparently he had cable service through everyone on the face of the planet.  They pop up, I go online/call/write to dispute, send them whatever they require to prove it shouldn't be on MY report, and usually within 15-30 days it's removed. 

I also worked myself up to three credit cards that I try to keep a 1-3% utilization on (though I've used as high as 13%, but paid it off quickly). I also took out a signature loan of $1000 and paid it off in 4 months, just to add another "account" into the mix.  I also only have a 12% income to debt ratio, even factoring in rent.

Now, the only things against me are "too few accounts", and my average age of credit... as wiping all of the misapplied junx off my record basically started me over half way through 2013.

I'm SO CLOSE to 760!  The exciting thing is that I'm rewarding myself for all the hard work, in a couple of weeks, by using my new scores for the first time and buying a new Can Am Spyder.  I'm already pre-approved through my credit union and I got the BEST rate they offer!

I know... I know... With such a "new" history, 1 little bad thing can drastically change my scores and I shouldn't be running out this fast to get such a large loan, but this is the only major purchase in the forseeable future as I am set with everything else... That being said, my car will be paid off in another 2 months.  This means my oldest account will close and I will lose the only open fixed rate loan I have reporting... So I'm flagrantly using buying the trike as an excuse to keep my credit building (after it takes a dip from the new account and losing the auto account).  Then I'll be working on building it back up, over 5  years, to start considering purchasing a house.  Still not sure about home ownership with the father situation, however... But we'll see.

I want to thank all of you on this forum for all the insite and knowledge I've gained in the past couple of years.  It has truly helped.

Cy

Message 1036 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Congratulations, TechnoT, for coming through that long hard slog of kicking your dad off your report.  What a nightmare--bad dad!!  I have a fraud alert on all my cards, so I will be notified immediately should there be another 25K fraud on any of my cards in the future.  If you add the alert on any of the big 3, they will alert the other two CRs.

Good luck in the future; I suspect a lesson was learned through the experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1037 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine are in my sig. I had been using CreditKarma for a while, just to have a good estimate, but I was a bit surprised to see their scores were actually lower than my real FICO scores. 

Message 1038 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

And, below are my scores. I only started really paying attention to FICO scoring and being hooked on here since December, 2014. I was really shocked to see my scores as high as they are, considering back in November I paid off a total of $43,000 in CC debt in one month. I always paid on time but I had a very high income to debt ratio, so the score had to have been suffering. Sadly I don't know if the score was a lot lower or not. I do know when we went for our mortgage 6 years ago they wanted to use my wife's score over mine.

I love this place and have learned a lot over the past 4 months from everyone on here for the past couple of weeks when I found this site!

Message 1039 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is at 750...almost there.
Message 1040 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.