cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

It is an surreal experience, I was across the board hovering around 755 +/- 1 for just about 8 months.  I had 3 baddies (3-30 day late from 8/2010).  My EQ scores are jumping but there is some lag time on the other two scores.  I followed the advice of the myfico forum, I just became a voracious reader.  Although, I opened secured credit cards early in my journey but that seemed to be the extent of information and advice outside of myfico.  It has been a pretty humbling experience.  I had been terrible with credit cards, car loans, and student loan debt when I read the My Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey about 7.5 years ago after experience job loss and foreclosure. It was wonderfully clear my way was not causing me to win with money but while you can debate his delivery and content, he is great motivator for those paying off debts. Meanwhile, I needed a place where I could go to find sound credit advice without being driven off the former DR forum with a wet noodle.  Smiley Tongue I started doing google searches and some of the myfico forum information would pop-up and I just figured I would join and I recommend it to everyone who is looking to improve their current situation and future outlook. 

Message 1371 of 2,020
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Welcome to The Community. There is a wealth of information here. You have seen the pitfalls of your earlier actions. May Your journey to better credit continue positively. Good luck on your new pathways.
Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 1372 of 2,020
R_W_
Valued Member

I made it to the 800 club!!!!!

I have perfect credit at 850...on one of 3, but still...I am very excited!

I have been hovering in the mid 700's for quite some time because I had a paid medical collection of $277.  For some unknown reason (maybe because it was over 2 years old?) it came off my experian and equifax and brought them up 80-90 points to 850 and 835!!  The collection was West Asset Managment and I read where they did that to someone else--maybe it is their policy?  

Either way it was a GREAT surprise just as I was shopping for a mortgage!  The simulator said that the 835 will be an 850 in 7 months-- not sure why.  The collection is still on my TransUnion so that is still sitting at 755.  Anyway, here is my profile:

• 27 year credit history
  • 8-9 revolving accounts (7 open,with limits totalling 101K, once card with $5 balance and one with a $75 balance the rest are $0 so less than 1% utilization)
  • 7 installment accounts (only one open auto for half the original balance, the rest are closed)
  • 9-10 Mortgages (3 open about 90% of original balance)
  • 1-2 inquires in the past year
  • Average age is 11 years

I will be paying off my car loan completely in about 60 days, it will be interesting to see the impact and I will be adding a mortgage in about 30 days-- I will keep you posted.

I am still in shock of seeing the 850!  

Starting Score: EQ 740, EX 792 (lender pull), TU 772 (lender pull)
Current Score: EX 850, EQ 835, TU 755
Goal Score: all over 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1373 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Glad you made it to the Forum, loyalsudz.  Stay on the right track from what you've learned, and heed BetterCredit's post.  Also, congratulations to R-W, for having a better record than mine.  Why do you have 9-10 mortgages?

Smiley Frustrated

I just checked my scores and, much to my surprise received the following report:

841 - Equifax; 842 - Trans Union; 842 - Experian  -- For these scores, MyFico stipulated:

SCORE FACTORS

• There are no recent balances on your revolving credit accounts.         I don't hav e any revolving credit accounts
    You have a short credit history.                                                                     My credit history dates back 30 years ago
    There are no recent balances on your credit cards                                  I just paid off a cc two weeks ago.
  • You have no recent activity from a non-mortgage installment loan.      I don't have any non-mortgage installment loans. I do have a mortgage that's never been late .
    Mortgage be damned; I guess I'll have to use a credit card to go back up to the 850s !!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1374 of 2,020
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@LilyBee wrote:

I just checked my scores and, much to my surprise received the following report:

841 - Equifax; 842 - Trans Union; 842 - Experian  -- For these scores, MyFico stipulated:

SCORE FACTORS

• There are no recent balances on your revolving credit accounts.         I don't hav e any revolving credit accounts
    You have a short credit history.                                                                     My credit history dates back 30 years ago
    There are no recent balances on your credit cards                                  I just paid off a cc two weeks ago.
  • You have no recent activity from a non-mortgage installment loan.      I don't have any non-mortgage installment loans. I do have a mortgage that's never been late .
    Mortgage be damned; I guess I'll have to use a credit card to go back up to the 850s !!

Good thing you got that mortgage, LilyBee! Otherwise you would have dropped to about 808.

Message 1375 of 2,020
drboxing
Established Contributor

Wish I had those scores!!

Message 1376 of 2,020
R_W_
Valued Member

Lol, thanks!  I have rental properties.  Most of the 9 are closed, only 3 open.

Starting Score: EQ 740, EX 792 (lender pull), TU 772 (lender pull)
Current Score: EX 850, EQ 835, TU 755
Goal Score: all over 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1377 of 2,020
Tal
Valued Member

OMG; I'm considered a high achiever!? As of May, my scores are:

TU: 767

EQ: 778

EX: 769

I'm wanting to get to that 800 mark and I think what's partially holding me back is three 30 day delinquent payments my mom had while handling my car loan while I was in college back in 2011. I wish they'd go away especially since my husband and I are trying to buy a house soon.

Message 1378 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job getting your scores into the mid-upper 700's! 

It has been debated on this forum as to whether or not multiple 30 day lates impact your score for the full 7 years.  Some believe they only impact score for 2 years or so.  How does your AAoA, inquiries, utilization and credit mix look?

Message 1379 of 2,020
Tal
Valued Member

My AAoA is 9 years, I haven' had a hard inquiry since 2015, my credit utilization is at a steady 3-4%, and I have two CC's, a student loan and a recently paid off auto loan.

Message 1380 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.