cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

W00t!!!!

Doin' the happy dance for ya!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 551 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

WOW!!!

Congratulations, llecs!

Message 552 of 2,020
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Very nice Smiley Happy Congratulations!

Message 553 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a constantly changing world isn' t it?  My eyes just about popped out of their sockets this afternoon!

Oct 01/07 -  TU not available                / EQ 732 (32% percentile)

Jan 31/10 - TU 799 (71% percentile) / EQ 796 (69% percentile)

Aug 01/10 - TU 855 (76% percentile) / EQ 788 (65% percentile)  (29% credit utilization)

Note: these are Canadian scores from 300-900.  What strikes me as rich is that 24% of Canadians have TU scores between 855-900!  Unless there is a secret upper range of 950?  Yowsa!

Message 554 of 2,020
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a constantly changing world isn' t it?  My eyes just about popped out of their sockets this afternoon!

Oct 01/07 -  TU not available                / EQ 732 (32% percentile)

Jan 31/10 - TU 799 (71% percentile) / EQ 796 (69% percentile)

Aug 01/10 - TU 855 (76% percentile) / EQ 788 (65% percentile)  (29% credit utilization)

Note: these are Canadian scores from 300-900.  What strikes me as rich is that 24% of Canadians have TU scores between 855-900!  Unless there is a secret upper range of 950?  Yowsa!

WOW...congrats!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised 

Another big PLUS for all of our Canadian friends......you don't have to contend with experian!!!  Oh, if you only knew how lucky you are!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 555 of 2,020
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

855 on a 900 scale is very impressive. The U.S. 76% percentile is at about 780, I think.

Do you know what the 50% percentile, the median score, is? 760?

I wonder if Canada used to be at 850 and later moved to 900.

Message 556 of 2,020
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

Message 557 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get both a myFico score and a Canadian FICO score.  I thought myFico was American and the two were based on slightly differernt formulas?  Yours is the first direct comparison I've seen of the two.  Smiley Wink
In any case, while browsing the site you listed in was interesting to note the differences each province has for keeping the track of the factors that affect the score.
Message 558 of 2,020
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

Hello RG-09, I'm originally from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (right next to Canada). I purchase and monitor my American FICO scores here on myFICO.com. In 2002, I moved to Ontario to attend graduate school and found out, after being denied a President's Choice Mastercard, that I had no credit history in Canada. What a shocker! The US credit bureaus don't share their info with Canada. So, I started from scratch, depositing $1K on a secured card, waiting a year and then applied for another card, and so on. I have my eye on the MBNA Smart Card, so, I just purchased my Canadian credit report and scores from the Canadian EQ and TU bureaus to have a look. What a nice surprise eh! Regarding the link you posted, I feel sorry for those who live in P.E.I., 10 years to get a clean report. Ouch!

[EDIT] Just checked the Canadian EQ and TU sites to make sure I bought FICO scores, turns out EQ is the real deal but TU is FAKO. The fine print reads, "TransUnion is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score."

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 559 of 2,020
Dr-Acme
Established Member

Good morning everyone.. I have read a few threads where folks have complained that EQ, TU or EX (to one person or the other) were harder to get up than the other. No matter which institution your FICO comes from,  don't each use the same model if it's a FICO Score? And the different score reflects slightly different info on their respective report? And if all three scores are within a few points, then they may have about the same info? And if thats the case, then correcting the information (on each reporting institution) will bring the scores from all three into close proximity to each other? So instead of blaming EQ, TU or EX perhaps it's the banks reporting format to these agencies that are unclear? And occasionally one needs to contact the bank to update their information more clearly (or correctly)? With one exception, I called the banks to update their reports to the crediting agencies and it worked very well and it took a lot less time and effort than writing a formal letter to the EX, EQ or TU... IMO, the bank has a real investment to keep customers happy (even if they are past customers), so reporting accurate information should be an easy request for them.

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf." ~ Walter Lippman

“Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough and I will move the world” ~ Archimedes, 220 BC

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." ~Albert Einstein
TU: 809 EFax:807 EX:818
Message 560 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.