cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

My last baddie fell off today. I'm in the club!
Message 661 of 2,020
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

My BK dropped off EQ today, I am in the club with a 773!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 662 of 2,020
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@emptypockets wrote:
My BK dropped off EQ today, I am in the club with a 773!

I remember when that finally happened for me.

Congratulations on the milestone and your score!

Message 663 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ordered my FICO score for the first time today. It was 802. 

Needless to say, I'm thrilled. But the FICO score is an incomplete part of the picture of our personal financial lives. In my case, I'm completely debt-free and pay off my revolving lines of credit in full each month. 

But although I'm doing my best (in middle age) to save for retirement and emergency savings, it's slow going! I don't feel anywhere near completely confident in my retirement savings or my emergency or everyday savings. I have a ways to go.

The high FICO means that should I ever choose to buy (I currently rent), I'll get the best or near-best interest rate. But I wouldn't even think of buying in this post-crash marketplace without at least 25 percent down and enough savings to cover maintenance, repairs, homeowners' insurance, and association fees. I guess I blame Suze Orman for that ultra-conservative stance of mine—but that's what makes me comfortable, and I'm only going to do what makes me comfortable in these volatile financial times.

Message 664 of 2,020
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just ordered my FICO score for the first time today. It was 802. 

Needless to say, I'm thrilled. But the FICO score is an incomplete part of the picture of our personal financial lives. In my case, I'm completely debt-free and pay off my revolving lines of credit in full each month. 

But although I'm doing my best (in middle age) to save for retirement and emergency savings, it's slow going! I don't feel anywhere near completely confident in my retirement savings or my emergency or everyday savings. I have a ways to go.

The high FICO means that should I ever choose to buy (I currently rent), I'll get the best or near-best interest rate. But I wouldn't even think of buying in this post-crash marketplace without at least 25 percent down and enough savings to cover maintenance, repairs, homeowners' insurance, and association fees. I guess I blame Suze Orman for that ultra-conservative stance of mine—but that's what makes me comfortable, and I'm only going to do what makes me comfortable in these volatile financial times.

I'm a little surprised that your score is that high without having a mortgage!  I guess you are doing a lot of other things right.  Congrats. Your conservative stance is excellent, you will probably never get into financial trouble. (( Knock on wood )).

A FICO or and other credit score is not a picture of one's financial health, it doesn't take into consideration your savings, age, sex, equity or your earnings in any direct sense.  It doesn't take into consideration your personal character, trustworthiness or habits but relies on empirical evidence only.  Credit scores depict your credit risk to a lender.  It is particular to you and although your spouse may influence your score, each person will have their own number that can and will change on a daily basis.  Higher score = less risk and the inverse. 

There in lies the confusion for SOME people in that they think the credit score is supposed to be a total financial picture and they think that their income, savings and equity should be reflected in the score.  They aren't, it is merely a snapshot of your current credit worthiness.  Your statement about it being an incomplete picture is exactly the truth.  Lending institutions will not only take your credit score but also your earnings, work & income history, plus that of your spouse, and % of total debt into consideration when they qualify you for a mortgage/loan/revolving credit so that they get a more complete picture of your ability to pay.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 665 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

762 EQ checking in!

Message 666 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it 802!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 667 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Hey.  Congratulations to Newbies:  WCV, CliveBrook, and PerkTen; as well as EmptyPockets and Big Daddy.

Looks like you all are having a grand new year of staying on track with your spending, or lack thereof.   Good show all.  Keep up the good work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 668 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you lily bee, I wasent even allergic to cards either, I actually got an AmEx Platinum card in my adventures this year!!

Message 669 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Hi CBrook:

At least you're on the right track, I think. 

You said:  "But although I'm doing my best (in middle age) to save for retirement and emergency savings, it's slow going! I don't feel anywhere near completely confident in my retirement savings or my emergency or everyday savings. I have a ways to go."

Compliments to Suze Orman too, I started my financial responsibility strategy in 1990, and never looked back and never wavered.  It has greatly paid off although I do have my own home which is my only expense.  I don't have an escrow, but choose to pay property taxes, HOA, and insurance once a year.  Works well for me.  But, the maintenance and repairs  (even though I purchased a new home), can be a pain.  Sometimes I wish I had my former 3-bedroom apartment instead.  The 6-8 month savings backup SO recommends is very handy.

On second thought too, this would be a good time to purchase a house if you can afford it.  There are some real steals out there, but you need to be secure or, as you say, comfortable with where you are, what you're doing, and in making that big a decision at this time.  Slow going, but comfortable, is much better than hasty decisions and later regrets. 

Steady as you go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 670 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.