cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

No I don't have one of the required scores...I'm just practicing my entrance for the day I do!  Smiley Tongue

This thread motivates me!!

Thank you to all of you who have posted!
Message 71 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

I'm new to the forum, I pulled mine yesterday as I am starting to think about mortagages. A scary debt for me to consider..

It's like a weird ladder!
TU 737/ EQ 764/ EU 782
Can I get frequent flyer miles for the 737?

A year an a half ago, I was in the 640's. I had a record from cap one that showed 90 days past due that I paid off bit by bit and still kept the account. The day that I graduated from that major colossal ding, I made it to the 700's. Now, I'm waiting for one student loan payment, 30 days late, in 2001, to slide off my TU report to see what happens. Time and good behavior healed the worst of my credit wounds. I consider myself still on parole...but happily divorced from my cap one financial woes.
Message 72 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to post my latest FICOs. 

EQ is still NOT happy with my new Home Depot account.  Oh well, I am happy with it.Smiley Tongue

Utility is currently at 8%. 

I am thrilled with TU.  Maybe I will someday hit the elusive 800.
Message 73 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

So close yet so far away-

It is amazing to me to have people be "Credit perfect" for such a long time.
I will be there myself again someday.

Scout1965 wrote:

EQ is still NOT happy with my new Home Depot account.  Oh well, I am happy with it.Smiley Tongue

Message 74 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Scout1965 wrote:

EQ generally isn't happy with new credit for at least one full year after the account is opened.  But, the Home Depot card makes you happy, and your life can't always revolve around pleasing EQ!

Glad you decided to update us on your scores!!! 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 75 of 2,020
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DH is an AU on my PenFed card for the gas and grocs and on the AmEx Gold Rewards Plus. PenFed doesn't report for him, thank goodness, but AmEx finally did, and he took a score hit, although not as bad as I feared:

6/3/08: EQ 805 - TU 806 - EX 807
5/11/08: EQ 816 - TU 817 - EX 816

So, essentially 9 - 11 points. He doesn't currently have many open accounts at all, but I think that the blow was cushioned by the startling number of signature loans that he has had from our local CU over the years, so his average age remained at 6 years. It might also have been cushioned by the fact that his oldest account went from 18 y 11 m to 19 years.

Whenever I read about someone (like me!) trying for an AU account to help things out, I think yeah, but they don't always help. Wish there were the option to NOT have them report!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 76 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

When I opened my Citibank account 2 years ago, my scores took the same 9 - 11 point hit.  It's funny, how in just becoming an AU, the effects can be the same.  This is one of the disadvantages of having scores at, or near the top. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 77 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am totally confused about my TU score. I pulled my last SO report in April 08 for TU. Said it was 793. Up from 781 in June of 07. I was thinking of getting a HELO and they ran a credit report. Decided not to get the loan but yesterday I got a letter from Bank of America with my TU score. They said it was 848. I've never run a report from the other 2 bureaus. Does that seem like a typo.
Message 78 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are such an inspiration.  I too hope to one day have a nice long history with no lates and belong to the 800 club.  As of right now, TU - 761 EQ - 770 EX 767 with 6 years of history - however, that probably won't last too long since I still have a mortgage and a few new credit cards to report.
Message 79 of 2,020
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

KerryLBerryJ wrote:
I am totally confused about my TU score. I pulled my last SO report in April 08 for TU. Said it was 793. Up from 781 in June of 07. I was thinking of getting a HELO and they ran a credit report. Decided not to get the loan but yesterday I got a letter from Bank of America with my TU score. They said it was 848. I've never run a report from the other 2 bureaus. Does that seem like a typo.

Did Bank of America mention a FICO score range in their letter?  For example, did they state that FICO scores range from 300-850, or 250-900?
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 80 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.