cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the 3, which has the toughest scoring system?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of the 3, which has the toughest scoring system?

TU, EX, or EQ???

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Out of the 3, which has the toughest scoring system?

Depends if you have lates, don't have a mortgage or have high UTL
If you have a perfect payment history, low UTL and a basic mix of revolving and a little length on your history- they are about the same.

For me - it's EQ- they seem to HATE my lates and they also zapped a perfectly paid mortgage for no reason.

GeorgiaPeach08 wrote:
TU, EX, or EQ???

Message 2 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

For me - it's EQ- they seem to HATE my lates and they also zapped a perfectly paid mortgage for no reason.
Yep, same with me. (See my scores below.) EQ always, always lags.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 38
TerrenceATL
Contributor

Yeah EQ is my lowest also.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, here is the proof that EQ is not always the lowest :-)
Message 5 of 38
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

For me, it is EX because the Heloc=CC bit
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume this discussion is based on the 'best guess'  scores that the 3 bureaus calculate independently from FICO?  It is my understanding with how FICO scoring works that differences in the scores we see from FICO are a result of how the model interprets the data supplied by the CRA's and do not reflect differences in a score calculation between the 3 bureaus but rather differences in how the data is reported between the 3?...I assume that if all 3 bureaus contain the same data and report it the same way that the FICO score should be identical?...please correct me if I'm wrong...
Message 7 of 38
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Each bureau has a different scoring formula.
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

once again...you're saying that the FICO calculation is different for each of the bureaus? Maybe FICO has made adjustments to the model to account for differences in how the bureaus report their data, but my understanding is that FICO is not affiliated in any way with the 3 bureaus... I doubt that they're letting the credit bureaus tell them how to calculate the score. 

Obviously, each bureau has their own in-house model to estimate what the FICO score is (the FAKO) but from what I've seen those are basically junk statistically speaking.

If this is the case, please provide some sort of documentation that indicates that the FICO calculation is different for the 3 bureaus...
Message 9 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
once again...you're saying that the FICO calculation is different for each of the bureaus? Maybe FICO has made adjustments to the model to account for differences in how the bureaus report their data, but my understanding is that FICO is not affiliated in any way with the 3 bureaus... I doubt that they're letting the credit bureaus tell them how to calculate the score. 

Obviously, each bureau has their own in-house model to estimate what the FICO score is (the FAKO) but from what I've seen those are basically junk statistically speaking.

If this is the case, please provide some sort of documentation that indicates that the FICO calculation is different for the 3 bureaus...

Each credit bureau hires FICO to create a unique scoring formula, based on their (the CRA's) preferences. Each one has knows turn-ons and turn-offs, to quote Playboy bunnies. When you or someone else pulls your FICO scores, the CRA's crank your reports through their unique FICO formulae, and ta-da, there are your scores, almost always all different.

And we are not talking about the CRA's home-grown/ roll-your-own FAKO scores; we're talking about your FICO's.

I'm not about to go do your research and provide documentation. The obvious indicator is the fact that if you buy all three of your FICO scores, each will probably be different one from another, and each score report is apt to give you differing factors as to what helps and what hurts your scores. Your FICO scores.

Last heard, these are the most current classic FICO formulas, not counting the near-mythical FICO 08:

EQ=BEACON 5.0
TU=EMPIRICA 98 (now being changed to EMPIRICA 04)
EX=Fair Isaac Risk Model Version 2

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-24-2008 08:49 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.