Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFICO from Chase? Is this a good thing?

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

PFICO from Chase? Is this a good thing?

I was just reading this thead: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PFICO-based-on-250-900-scale-not-Classic-FICO-300-850-s...

I received a denial letter from Chase which gave me my FICO of 576. Upon reading a litle more, my letter stated it is based on a range of 250-900. Red flag.

So if this is correct, the score I received from applying for a credit card/bank card is different than the FICO a mortgage lender would pull?

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: PFICO from Chase? Is this a good thing?

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I was just reading this thead: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PFICO-based-on-250-900-scale-not-Classic-FICO-300-850-s...

I received a denial letter from Chase which gave me my FICO of 576. Upon reading a litle more, my letter stated it is based on a range of 250-900. Red flag.

So if this is correct, the score I received from applying for a credit card/bank card is different than the FICO a mortgage lender would pull?

I think chase uses an variation of fico score. It's based off fico but they use their propriety scoring system

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

A score of 576 is right in the middle of both a 300-850 range and a 250-900 range.

So the scores are roughly equivalent on either scale.   But to really be sure, you'd need to have access to the tables that show the risk of future delinquency for a given score.

If you want to get mortgage scores, they are available at PSECU (EX 04) and at DCU (EQ 04) and via the Equifax Score Power FICO product (EQ 04).

Message 3 of 5
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

My EQ FICO is 579 from Score Power from Equifax.

I just tried to order my Experian score through myfico and since my SSN is tied to a different e-mail address, it failed. Tried to order with my actual account and it can't prove my identity. 

Great.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Couple of points:

If it doesn't state FICO with the usual registered trademark, then it's not.  I do not believe that FICO has given any lender or third party direct access to the algorithm itself, only the calculated scores: internal scores are utterly and completely seperate from FICO... there is no such thing as a lender "variation" of the FICO algorithm, or there'd be a lawsuit ranging in the 10's of millions of dollars most likely.

If it does have the FICO trademark, then a  250-900 score is almost assuredly a FICO '08 Bankcard Enhanced pull.  This score is not used by any mortgage lender.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.