cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid 90% of credit card debt - How long will it take for my credit score to improve?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid 90% of credit card debt - How long will it take for my credit score to improve?

I'm in the market to do some major repairs on my home.  In order to qualify for a loan, I paid 90% of my credit card debt this week.  I was wondering how long I needed to wait before calling companies to do the work and be eligable for financing. 

My current credit score is 682 and the credit calculator in myFico estimated it should go up to 742 - 782 by paying 90%.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid 90% of credit card debt - How long will it take for my credit score to improve?

If you can look at some old reports, it's possible with some CRA's to see the day of the month that certain creditors send in their info.  (Some time ago I wrote mine down).  Lets say you have 3 CC's & they post info on the 10th, 18th & 22nd.  Get a new report about 5 bus. days later & see if those payments are reflected in the balances on those cards.  If all are there....pull your scores.

I have an ongoing acct with equifax & I can see actual dates that payments post & creditors update.  Might be worth it for a few mos. to do this with all 3, although Lord knows what your Experian score will be as we're not privey to that info these days! Smiley Mad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid 90% of credit card debt - How long will it take for my credit score to improve?

Thanks!  I'll get on that right away.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.