Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Mortgage

Hi all,

Showed recent alert stating I did make my last mortgage payment.  Paid off a little early but no change....any ideas?

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$8,319$0
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:3/1/20103/1/2010
Description:Real estate mortgage
Second mortgage
Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Real estate mortgage
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid Mortgage

Congratulations on paying off your mortgage!  I'm still about 20 years away from that goal.

Paying off an installment loan does not typically result in a significant FICO score change, if any.  It's not like paying off a large credit card balance.  So it's not really surprising that you didn't have any score change.

The paid and closed mortgage loan will remain on your credit report for the next 10 years as a positive factor, and will demonstrate a history of managing a diverse mix of credit types.

Message 2 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Showed recent alert stating I did make my last mortgage payment.  Paid off a little early but no change....any ideas?

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$8,319$0
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:3/1/20103/1/2010
Description:Real estate mortgage
Second mortgage
Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Real estate mortgage

This is the ONLY thing you should think about. What an accomplishment. I hope to be there in about 8 years (or less).

Congratulations!!!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Congrats on paying off your mortgage - that's always great news but it seems even cooler given the current mortgage situation in our nation.

If you're looking at ways to increase your FICO score, give us a little more info on  what's currently on your reports and you'll get some great input.

And, once again, Woop-woop!  Definitely party time.  Hope you did some celebrations on that mortgage payoff.

Message 4 of 9
happy0510
Established Contributor

Congrats Lefty,

You are a true inspiration!!

HappySmiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Lefty! As Lel said, paying off this account won't necessarily change your scores, but it does give you some extra money each month to put towards revolving credit debt, if you have any. Paying your utilization down if you have any should give you a boost in your scores more than paying off this mortgage did.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very lucky,  No bills other than utilities, still trying to get a few things off the CR but working diligently to get them taken care of.  Thanks for all the responses.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there ever a time when paying off a mortgage early could hurt my FICO score?

Message 8 of 9
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

is there ever a time when paying off a mortgage early could hurt my FICO score?

Probably not.  Paying off the mortgage doesn't make it disappear from your credit reports - it will remain for at least 10 years, and assuming that it was an account in good standing, it will continue to have a positive effect on your score.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.