cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid charge off still updating, sometimes...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid charge off still updating, sometimes...

I have a charge off account with Citicards that was paid in 2008. My credit report shows Jan 2008 with a CO and Feb-Dec of 2008 as green *'s.

I noticed that starting Jan of 09 that the CO's are back and its shows through Nov of 09. So far nothing for 2010. It is reported as a paid charge off.

Are these hurting my credit score and should I dispute them?

My date of first delinquency is 3/2004 but they are not reporting date of last payment.

Thanks for any replys!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid charge off still updating, sometimes...

Welcome to the forums!

Believe it or not, CITI is allowed by law to "update" your paid CO whenever they want. I do suspect its hurting your scores. Is this CO on all three reports?

Look at the following dates for each report:

Equifax: date of last activity

Experian: status date

Transunion: closed date

You'll need to go to annualcreditreport or each of the CRA sites for this info. Myfico reports won't have this information.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Paid charge off still updating, sometimes...

Once a CO or CA is reported, its current status can be updated/reported monthly.

If it is paid off, they can initially report this, and then re-report it monthly as the same status.  There is nothing improper in this.

Most creditors wont continue to report the paid status since it is really kinds meaningless.

No, it is not affecting your FICO score.  Status of an OC or CA is not scored.  Only the fact of its existence.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.