Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid down from 45% util to under 9% and no increase

tag
Settemio
Regular Contributor

Paid down from 45% util to under 9% and no increase

First, I went from 90% util to 45% by paying off a lot of CC debt. My FICO went up 27 pts. This happened in eartly Jan. I then proceeded to pay down from 45% to under 9% (I have about 5% total debt now). I was expecting another bump of some kind because A: 3 of the cards I paid down/off were maxed. B: went to under 9% util from 45%. I know all these cards have reported because I know the dates they post. in fact, two of these cards where my wifes and I was a AU and she already got her bump.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid down from 45% util to under 9% and no increase

@Settemio wrote:

First, I went from 90% util to 45% by paying off a lot of CC debt. My FICO went up 27 pts. This happened in eartly Jan. I then proceeded to pay down from 45% to under 9% (I have about 5% total debt now). I was expecting another bump of some kind because A: 3 of the cards I paid down/off were maxed. B: went to under 9% util from 45%. I know all these cards have reported because I know the dates they post. in fact, two of these cards where my wifes and I was a AU and she already got her bump.

While most of the time you would think that since they reported for one they would have reported for some one else also. This is not always the case. Be a little more patient and see what happens especially on the AU cards. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 9
Settemio
Regular Contributor

But why wouldnt they report for a month for me? it did before?

Message 3 of 9
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I havnet pulled my report yet, been relying on the score watch to report it for me I wanted to wait till they updated and then pull a TU and a EQ

Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Settemio wrote:

I havnet pulled my report yet, been relying on the score watch to report it for me I wanted to wait till they updated and then pull a TU and a EQ

It may have reported. SW is not always instant (can be several days behind) and sometimes has a quirk in it and misses the increase/decrease and does not alert you. IMO I still would wait a little while and see if you get an alert before making additional purchases for reports. I do agree with you that it should have been reported but our common sense for some reason is not reality.

Another alternative is to check with one of the free FAKO reports and see if they have the old balances on your report or the new updated balances since you have paid down. If they have the new balances then it has been reported and SW either missed it or hasn't updated for you as of yet.

Good Luck
Message 5 of 9
Settemio
Regular Contributor

OK, I did as you recommended and got a free report. Good call Smiley Happy. Those 4 accounts all still show a balance... I am not sure why, they have been paid for 6 weeks now... I am looking at my statements too and they are 0 as well.

Message 6 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Settemio wrote:

OK, I did as you recommended and got a free report. Good call Smiley Happy. Those 4 accounts all still show a balance... I am not sure why, they have been paid for 6 weeks now... I am looking at my statements too and they are 0 as well.

Then just be patient as it just hasn't updated to your account as of yet. It will eventually. BTW keep up the great work on paying off your balances! 

Good Luck
Message 7 of 9
Settemio
Regular Contributor

An update to this.

I used a couple more free reports today to look at what items posted to the agencies. It showed all but my Sears and HSBC posting the payoffs I recently did. Those two though had last months balances which were $1100 and $2100. This is all I owed on my cards but have paid these off now for,about 4 weeks ago. I knew my sears wouldnt post till the statement, which is the 15th. But I was told on this forum that HSBC posts last day of the month. From what I saw on the freebie report, my HSBC was reporting to all three agencies at my statement date, which is the 15th. So I expect both Sears and HSBC to report in about a week. All should be good then.

Anyways, I was curious why my myFICO score watch didnt bump me up since the other 2 accounts had shown the pay offs of my other cards in the freebie reports...and I should have went down from the 45% util I was before.

My curiousity yielded and I ended up using myFICO to get a EQ report and bam! credit went up to 692! from 676. SO CLOSE TO 700! It was 651 when I started in Jan. this year. All I did was pay off balances. The report said my util was still hurting me at 26% (that is the sears and HSBC that havent reported yet). So after the15th next week, my util will be close to 0% and I think it will jump even more according to the myFICO score simulator.

The bigger news is, since I saw that score watch didnt bump me, but getting a report showed my new EQ score, I decided to use myFICO to get my TU report too... That score is now an even 700! so I am part way there... One agency at 700. I have no clue what my EX score is, but the fakos I just got earlier tonight to look at my accounts said I was at 706.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is just AWESOME!!!  I just paid all of my creditors to 0 as well, when I saw a CA posted to my CR dropped my score 63 pts!!!  This really hurt I was on my way to the 700's I paid off the CA come to find out that it was included on my bankruptcy...I filed a dispute stating that the balance was in accurate...waiting to see the results...and paid all of my CC, I hope to get my points back...I am so anxious!!!  but I know they will show in a week or two hopefully for the better...do you think the simulator is accurate??  I did everything it suggested to get the scores it provided....

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.