Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off installment loan

tag
theduke
Established Member

Paid off installment loan

I have a paid 48 month installment loan account from Dell on my credit report. The interesting part is that when I called Dell regarding it, they would not talk to me because they have the wrong social security number on file. So I'm wondering is it more beneficial to have the paid off loan account (with no late payments, mind you) on my credit reports or would it be more beneficial to have it deleted since Dell is not reporting it using the correct social security number.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off installment loan

I can tell you that "dell" really does not have instalment accounts-

They are all revolving-

I would send their credit dept a copy of the orginal agreement, DL, SS card with a nice letter expaining. 

I have had several dealings with Dell on Biz and personal credit my self and others and the SSN is on the Application. 

Did they enter it wrong??  

They will either fix it or [insert unlawfully way to not pay them at all]

theduke wrote:
I have a paid 48 month installment loan account from Dell on my credit report. The interesting part is that when I called Dell regarding it, they would not talk to me because they have the wrong social security number on file. So I'm wondering is it more beneficial to have the paid off loan account (with no late payments, mind you) on my credit reports or would it be more beneficial to have it deleted since Dell is not reporting it using the correct social security number.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.