cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off installment loans and 89% usage credit card.... how much can I expect my scores to rise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off installment loans and 89% usage credit card.... how much can I expect my scores to rise

Ha, I am an old man.

Yep, that was the ONLY thing that changed in the last 6 months even since that 30daylate hit my credit score in July '14 -- it was at 9% usage or so (it was under or maybe right at 10%) then December it went up to 89% UTIL and reported. I had it down 1% usage and its stayed that way (and will continue to) about a week after it reported at the 89%. The card doesn't report till a couple weeks out and I am trying to get a feel where I'm going to sit the end of Feb or end of March - if I have burned myself too badly to repair before summer end to get over that 640 mark USDA wants (have the closing costs saved and am ready, ha!).

By your experience I might gain back 15-20 points now that I fixed it. Excellent! That's the awesome information I was looking for. Even if I was only gaining 5 points back, I was seriously just trying to get a grasp on where I'm going to sit after this month. Thank you very much racer!!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.