Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off most of my $25k credit card debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off most of my $25k credit card debt

Great advice. I will be working very hard over the next fe wmonhs to get it down to zero. And only use my cards when I am able to pay the balance off in full.

Time to exercise restraint and good judgement. I never want to be in a hole again.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Great advice. I will be working very hard over the next fe wmonhs to get it down to zero. And only use my cards when I am able to pay the balance off in full.

Time to exercise restraint and good judgement. I never want to be in a hole again.

You are in a great place now!

Home owner ( and all fixed up).

And less than 10% util....

Must be nice....

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I owe all the thanks to my father. He has helped me get this manageable. He's the best

Message 13 of 24
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats 2 ya... can't beat the debt free feeling....
Best wishes to ya !!!!!!!

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense, but I never understood beyond like hospital bills or something extremely urgent people having THAT much cc debt, I paid 1k a month on my student loans which were less than 25k and same if my cc debt amounts past 2k

How do you accrue that much on your cards?

Message 15 of 24
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Houses & all they entail aren't cheap I guess, lol!

Congrats on paying down that debt! I had that feeling once before in my life, and it literally was the best feeling in the world! I've been chasing that feeling again ever since!

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was fixing up my home the way I wanted it since it will be the house I die in.

I'm sure you know how much setting up a new home, fixing things, changing things can be.

LIke I said before, I'm never returning to that hole. Before I bought the house I had no credit card debt at all and was used to living on a cash at hand basis so that's not going to be a new lifestyle for me once I pay off the little remaining debt I have

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoochzilla,

Everyone is different; individuals have been raised differently and/or have been subject to different views on money, debt, etc.  What may seem outrageous to one person may be commonplace to another.  It does make one way or one person right or wrong. 

The good news is that the OP recognizes where he compromised his credit and seems pretty confident that he'll never go down that path again.  Fortunately, with the wealth of knowledge found on this forum, if he continues to read and educate himself chances are he'll stay on the right path.

Message 18 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Due to a recent gift, I just paid of about $20k of my $25k credit card debt off.

I was wondering in your experience, when the payments are reported to the CRAs what can I expect as far as changes to my credit score?

Your credit score will go up.

But not quite as much as your piece of mind score, wonder woman.

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 19 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Eh I just got quoted 24K to replace two windows in my condo (um no).

25K isn't that hard as a homeowner to rack up on the credit cards, lickety split actually when talking repairs or enhancements.

        
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.