cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid two balances down, from 1058 to 858, and 115 to 35, and my score DROPPED?!

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid two balances down, from 1058 to 858, and 115 to 35, and my score DROPPED?!

@ShinBeats wrote:

Right.

But what I'm saying is I got a text/email that 'my score updated.' Without doing anything at all, back in april. It was a low 600 (606 I believe, actually,) and it just went up to 639. This is why I was under the impression that the update actually happened in April.

Oh no it's just a weird notification system of score watches. It basically "updates" at least weekly. When ever anything changes on your report, it should notify you, though sometimes it doesn't.

I received updates because my score went up and I hadn't done anything, but in reality, what changed was an inquiry or account got older, or a collection was removed. It doesn't necessarily tell you WHAT caused your score to go up, but it goes at least tell you that something has changed.

I could probably explain that more articulately but there are many posts in this forum on the subject. In short though- your score didn't update so much as- you received a notification because something changed on your report either a balance, inquiry, account age, something that changes your score changed for the good in your case. Perhaps you paid down a balance and so your UTL lowered thus increasing  your score.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.