New Visitor
ZANDER

Past Credit History Ignored?

I'm over 70 and have a credit history going back 50+ years, yet your data for me goes back only about 20 years.  In those 30+ unaccounted years, I had many other credit cards and home loans all paid off monthly, with no overdues, and a perfect credit history.   Yes, I have a very good credit score, but it makes me wonder just how valid your scoring system is if it overlooks the majority of my credit history during which I could have been a total deadbeat???  
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Once accounts are closed or paid, they will naturally fal...

Once accounts are closed or paid, they will naturally fall off the reporting history after 7-10 years.  That being said.  With your history, you have nothing to worry aobut.  Most banks are aware of this process and no one would have a second thought about you being a 'deadbeat'.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}