Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded with 800 plus

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded with 800 plus

Ok, so over the last 6 months I have disputed everything disputable with all 3 CRAs for myself and my wife, with varying degrees of success.  Most of the results are in, and the outstanding ones will not make a huge difference whichever way they go.  So now we wait.

My hilarious new gas card will totally solve my utilization and keep it very low (less than 6%) and with a little care with payment date I can keep it down to 1-2%.  This is good.  I will take some hits for new credit, especially EQ and EX – this is bad.  Scorewatch will tell me when that hits the CRAs, and when that happens and all the disputes are in I can pull all six CRs and see exactly where we are, and I predict (without the bloomin simulator) that we will be averaging low to mid 700s.

Then comes the requirement for patience and fiscal responsibility.  The cards will age, the enquiries will drop off (including bloomin Cingular) and there will be a slight trend upwards.  In January I will pay my annual fee for my airline rewards card, then phone them up and ask for a reduced APR and an enquiryless CL increase (even lower utilization).  Come March, the nasty that is left on EX but not the others will FINALLY go away, so EX should catch up with the other two  Smiley Very Happy and we should be in the mid 700s.  Then by the fall we will both have a perfect 7 year credit records on a twenty year history with some 10 year old credit lines and a pretty balanced debt portfolio, and my simulatorless prediction is around then my favorite CRA (TU) will give us out first 800s, although the way it has been behaving recently it might well be earlier.  By 2009, barring any disasters, we should have at least 4 scores in the 800s.  And I also predict I will still be complaining about EX.

Have you noticed how CRAs take on personalities depending on how they view your credit?  Smiley Very Happy

Good things come to those who wait (and act responsibly).

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded with 800 plus

It sounds like you and your wife are certain to have a rendevouz with 800 in the coming months. Fabulous!

Absolutely yes!  I have learned a lot at this forum and also carefully paying attention to certain tendencies of each CRA.  I have changed my strategies numerous times and seemed to have learned mostly what each does not like rather than what will reward me.  This is just my experience not sure if you or others have experienced this.

EQ: hates new accounts, wants you to use your revolving accounts regularly

EX: hates inq's, hates $0 balances on all of your revolving accounts, hates if you have a few revolving accounts with balances(too many accounts with balances...the average american, yeah right)
(catch 22) use your cc's bad, don't use them bad

TU: slow to update, demands a true mix of credit to be reporting, THE WHOLE GAMUT of possible tradelines to be reporting
Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Patience and fiscal responsibility, couple with learning a lot of facts and learning that to a degree it is "game" to be played

EQ - I totally agree

EX - does not like diputes and ignores them.

TU - I am in love with  ( Smiley Very Happy - 782, 50 points above my average)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you totally have the plan aced! Way to go! :-)
Message 4 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Fiscal responsibility, time and playing the game is the way to go for me  Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

guess I'm lucky all three scores are within 10 points for me. I still haven't reached 700, but it should happen on all three within the next month or two.
Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

MXtra wrote:
guess I'm lucky all three scores are within 10 points for me. I still haven't reached 700, but it should happen on all three within the next month or two.

EX hates me.  My oldest open line or revolving credit does not report to them (I am trying to get it added as a non reporting line) and there is a derogatory that they, and only they, will not remove.  As it drops off in March of next year, I have decided against pursuing the matter.  So they are way below the others.  EQ has a bunch of Inqs on it that were not for credit, and they will drop off in December.  So that is my middle.
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

MXtra wrote:

EX hates me.  My oldest open line or revolving credit does not report to them (I am trying to get it added as a non reporting line) and there is a derogatory that they, and only they, will not remove.  As it drops off in March of next year, I have decided against pursuing the matter.  So they are way below the others.  EQ has a bunch of Inqs on it that were not for credit, and they will drop off in December.  So that is my middle.

My Scores TU 804, EQ 783, EX 747

EX does not report:

Amex account as an AU dating back to 1979 (parents entire history)
Amex Blue opened in 12/06
Amex Gold Charge Card opened in 04/07

TU and EQ are reporting them, look at the difference.Smiley Sad
EX hates me too and every time I speak with them, they say "well it is not our fault, call Amex maybe they are having an error when transmitting the information." Sure!  Have you ever heard this before!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.