gagefire

Paying off old accounts

I have a few old accounts that I could really use some advise on. One for $530.00 with the last reported activity in Feb. 05 the other being 75.00 from a bank account that was closed when I moved and due to the lack of dicipline on my part I still had a 75.00 check out that I forgot about and I did not recieve the info in the mail secondary to moving. That account is now listed as a charge-off as of Oct06?  Do I contact these people and pay them off or let them be? Also I have heard that it is better to try to pay the creditor directly instead of paying off collection agencies? Thanks for the help.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Paying off old accounts

Try for a PFD.

Try the OC first- if they have "Sold" the account they can't take your PFD.

Do not call Collection agency's.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+