Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off some cards and working on others

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying off some cards and working on others

Do you all think purchasing myfico would be a good idea for awhile? I looked back at my Barclays alerts and there were times I got an alert every week or so with a score change. But they have had me at 624 for a month while the score solar pulled 3 weeks ago was 647 Equifax. When would be a safe time for solar to pull credit again?
Message 11 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you all think purchasing myfico would be a good idea for awhile? I looked back at my Barclays alerts and there were times I got an alert every week or so with a score change. But they have had me at 624 for a month while the score solar pulled 3 weeks ago was 647 Equifax. When would be a safe time for solar to pull credit again?

I have found it to be well worth the $30 month it costs, and I didn't even have any important credit applications coming up.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

When your statements have cut plus call it 3 business days.  Use Credit Karma to make certain the balances are properly reported on both Equifax and Transunion before you pull the trigger on the solar application again.

IF you're actively working on your credit, myFICO in my opinion offers good value as does the competing Credit Check Total product though they have slightly different features from what I understand (I don't know much about the CCT product other than others suggest it's solid), but if you're flatlined like me waiting for 12/22/2017 to come around when my last derogatory falls off, not so much and one of the sporadic updates like Barclays works OKish at least for my needs though I like having the additional data from the myFICO product but I don't live or die by it.

        
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Does the Credit Karma tell you when the derogatory falls off? I have no idea when that happens.

Off topic question (maybe I should make a separate post?) but I am always pulling my husband's credit… All credit that we have is under his name as he is the one with an income. I am authorized user on a few of the cards, mortgage, and our car loan. When they pulled our credit for the car loan my credit was substantially lower than his at 568. I added myself to all of the cards. Will that help boost my score?
Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!

Does the Credit Karma tell you when the derogatory falls off? I have no idea when that happens.

Off topic question (maybe I should make a separate post?) but I am always pulling my husband's credit… All credit that we have is under his name as he is the one with an income. I am authorized user on a few of the cards, mortgage, and our car loan. When they pulled our credit for the car loan my credit was substantially lower than his at 568. I added myself to all of the cards. Will that help boost my score?

No, you don't really need more than 3 cards for optimum scoring, and in some cases (like the high balance AU's) they're dragging your score down along with his.

Credit Karma will usually give you the derogatory and the date it was filed / opened, or close to it anyway.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.