Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment history: 35 percent of the total credit score

tag
drmceo
Contributor

Payment history: 35 percent of the total credit score

I have a 100% positive payment history on my credit reports. Is it as simple as I am given 297.5 points(35% of 850) for this payment history or is there more factors involved?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Payment history: 35 percent of the total credit score

The lowest score I believe is 300, so it's 35% of 550.

Scorecards/buckets won't let you have the full 35%, either.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drmceo wrote:

I have a 100% positive payment history on my credit reports. Is it as simple as I am given 297.5 points(35% of 850) for this payment history or is there more factors involved?

Fico goes from 300 to 850, so it's 550 net points, therefore following your approach the 100% perfect payment without anything else should sit you on 300 + (35%*550) = 493. But it doesn't work that way, as this table also wrongly suggests.

Factors are interconnected, and there's also now the scorecards. All this makes that 1 profile with zero HPs gets a 15-point drop for one HP, and another one with zero HPs gets a 1 point drop.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drmceo wrote:

Do you base this 100% number on what Credit Karma says about you?  CK will sometimes give a person a "100%" rating when the person has had no lates in the last 2-3 years.

More relevant is whether you have any derogs of any kind of your reports.  These could be as old as 7.5 years for lates, collections, chargeoffs, public records, liens, and judgments -- and 10 years for bankruptcies.

Message 4 of 6
drmceo
Contributor

No I base it on no late payments on any account I have as well as no derogatory information as well. No liens, judgements, etc...... Nothing. I didn't know until today though about the scorecard system which I have just read up on a bit.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

35% of the 550 points spanning the FICO range would be 192.5 points.  I think this is a reasonable amount of points to expect based on a 100% clean payment history assuming you're in a top bucket (score card assignment).  If one is in a lesser bucket that's hindered by an AoOA of 8 months, say, I think they'd be limited to a lesser amount of the total potential points. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.