Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perplexed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perplexed

I've done research on FAKO vs. FICO. I am a member of credit check total, and it told me that i needed to lower my balances on my credit card. So i did. As of today my FICO score jumped from 612 to 633 just by paying down my credit card balances $300 (Experian). Before I learned about FAKO scores I was a member of creditkarma. So just for sheets and giggles i checked. The score was generated today, as was credit check total..... and it said my TU and EQ scores went DOWN 12 points? How is that even possible? It also has always showed my score as substantially lower than my actual FICO. Is creditkarma totally and utterly useless? If i wasn't a member of credit check total, and solely used credit karma, i may have gotten depressed that i worked on my score and it went down, and said to hell with it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Perplexed

Also, when i go into "why my score changed" on CK, the only things that are on there are "Congrats, 1 missed payment removed" and Congrats, your revolving balances dropped to 21%"

So 2 positives but score dropped. I know the only score that matters went up 20 some points but I'm just curious about this.

Also not sure why my name doesn't show up as ryanr623 anymore LOLOL!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like you created two accounts?  I'm sure the mods can help you with this.  Welcome to the Forum!

Definitely don't worry about those VantageScores (CK) as many have reported them being wildly different than their real FICO scores.  I've seen some people report them as much as 100 points lower than their FICO scores where others report them as much as 100 points higher.  The scores really are meaningless, and CK should only be used for checking changes to your TU and EQ reports.  CCT is a great tool, so good job getting on board with them and continue to use them for your score monitoring.  Paying down debt/balances is always the best move one can make, so you're on the right path.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks like you created two accounts?  I'm sure the mods can help you with this.  Welcome to the Forum!

Definitely don't worry about those VantageScores (CK) as many have reported them being wildly different than their real FICO scores.  I've seen some people report them as much as 100 points lower than their FICO scores where others report them as much as 100 points higher.  The scores really are meaningless, and CK should only be used for checking changes to your TU and EQ reports.  CCT is a great tool, so good job getting on board with them and continue to use them for your score monitoring.  Paying down debt/balances is always the best move one can make, so you're on the right path.

Already contacted OP about the issue.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.