Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help explain......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help explain......

About 2 weeks ago, I decided to do some CR cleaning up. I found under my "negative" reports, there were 5 creditors who all reported me as having a zero balance and paid as agreed/paid in full. However, all 5 creditors last reported this a couple of years ago.

I sent a letter to each creditor asking to remove the entries given that they carry a zero bal, paid in full, and most importantly- last reported date was years ago.

Yesterday, on my score watch I got this message. Can someone help me in explaining what this would mean to my overall score even though, my score as not yet changed to reflect this update?

The following changes were reported for your WELLS FARGO EQUITY RESOURC account:-
Past Due Amount Changed from $0 to N/A
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help explain......

BUMP
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

accounts at 0 balance do not hurt your score unless you have no accounts with a balance.  You need to show small amounts (<10%) on a single card to have the best results here.

I rotate  a Sams, Gas, and Visa card that reports amounts to show usage.

Also the comments in your CR for each account (Trade lines) dont affect your score.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert on this as I do not subscribe to ScoreWatch, but it seems to me that the ccc took your letter to be a dispute of some sort, and they were reporting correctly. It's just that they did not update.

I'm sure others will chime in shortly with their opinion.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.