Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Please help

I just pulled my Experian Credit report and it states I have a potential negative item. I have a 30 day past due from chase that was recorded in Nov of 2002. It is the year 2007. How can i get this taken off of my report or am i stuck until it comes off on its own. It states the account will be in positive status in August 2009. Thanks for the help everyone
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Please help

The account will report negative for 7 years from the time it was reported as being late.
Message 2 of 9
oracles
Valued Contributor

there is no way i can dispute it since it has been so long. can i say i was not late and the burden of proof is on them? thanks
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to try a Goodwill letter. see this thread

Good luck
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be able to dispute it. But not on the basis that it is an old account. You can maybe dispute it as being unverifable because it was so long ago or you can try a GW letter.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the account is open, keep it open. You stand a better chance, IMHO, of getting GW if it's open.
Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

oracles wrote:
I just pulled my Experian Credit report and it states I have a potential negative item. I have a 30 day past due from chase that was recorded in Nov of 2002. It is the year 2007. How can i get this taken off of my report or am i stuck until it comes off on its own. It states the account will be in positive status in August 2009. Thanks for the help everyone

I agree with Noah but this 30 day late is five years old and even if it gets deleted I wouldn't expect much of an increases in your scores.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, I have one 30-day late showing from Chase (credit card) from 2004. I tried a goodwill letter which was denied, then followed up with an email which was also denied. If you succeed in getting them to remove the late from your history please share your secret.
Good luck!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No secret. GW is hit and miss. Persistence pays off.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.