Regular Contributor
HeidiBoo

Point gain for inquiry drop off...

[ Edited ]

I have 5 inquiries from 10/07 that will drop off (at least for points purposes - they will be > 1 year old) at the end of this month.  Any thoughts on how many points I can look to gain?

Thanks!

PS - I realize they don't actually go away until after the 2 year mark...just to clarify...right now I have 8 inquiries showing up on my Experian report from MyFico.  Five of these are dated 10/21-10/31/07, which will only leave three as of November 1st for scoring purposes.

Message Edited by HeidiBoo on 10-17-2008 11:51 AM
Message Edited by HeidiBoo on 10-17-2008 11:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Point gain for inquiry drop off...

I bet 0 points, but if you had any new accounts that were associated with these inquiries and if they are going to hit the one year mark in another month or so, then I bet you'll see higher gains.
Regular Contributor
HeidiBoo

Two inquiries resulted in new accounts.  Also, these are only apprearing on my EX report.  EQ & TU are fine.  I'll cross my fingers!!!

Thanks!

New Contributor

One inqury usually drops me by 3 points, but I heard multiple inquiries drops it even further.  So at the bare minimum, I would say you're looking at a 15 point gain.

Dan

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+