Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point gain for inquiry drop off...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Point gain for inquiry drop off...

I have 5 inquiries from 10/07 that will drop off (at least for points purposes - they will be > 1 year old) at the end of this month.  Any thoughts on how many points I can look to gain?

Thanks!

PS - I realize they don't actually go away until after the 2 year mark...just to clarify...right now I have 8 inquiries showing up on my Experian report from MyFico.  Five of these are dated 10/21-10/31/07, which will only leave three as of November 1st for scoring purposes.

Message Edited by HeidiBoo on 10-17-2008 11:51 AM
Message Edited by HeidiBoo on 10-17-2008 11:53 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Point gain for inquiry drop off...

I bet 0 points, but if you had any new accounts that were associated with these inquiries and if they are going to hit the one year mark in another month or so, then I bet you'll see higher gains.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two inquiries resulted in new accounts.  Also, these are only apprearing on my EX report.  EQ & TU are fine.  I'll cross my fingers!!!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

One inqury usually drops me by 3 points, but I heard multiple inquiries drops it even further.  So at the bare minimum, I would say you're looking at a 15 point gain.

Dan

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.