Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible FICO score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible FICO score increase?

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I received an alert from freecreditscore stating that my FAKO EX score had went up 22 points. With all the same information on all three Credit report's (two from here and one from freecreditscore) would it be possible that I could get a score increase here soon (TU, EQ)?. I don't have SW but would order a new report here if my alert was legitimate..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible FICO score increase?

Don't correlate a FAKO with a FICO. It's easy for one to go up and the other down for the exact same event. And if they happen to move in the same direction, they don't always move by the same amount. You also are comparing EX with the other two. Each report is different and you'd have 3 FICOs. YOu can easily see a gain of 10 on one for example and see a gain of 50 on the other with the exact same change, or a gain on one and a loss on another. For example, I removed a CO with exact same reports. One FICO increased and the other decreased. It's always a YMMV thing.

Gain possible? Depends what changed. Rebucketing aside, I'd generally expect an increase if a major late dropped, a PR dropped, a CA dropped, util dropped, etc. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand...There really is no real science to all this credit scoring stuff is there LOL. Thanks for your reply!!

Message 3 of 4
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Oh there is a science to the scoring algorithms alright.  We just don't what it is.  Smiley LOL

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.