Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get old FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to get old FICO score?

I'm curious what my FICO score was before I went on AoR. I had received a TU 805/900 but I want to know my FICO 8 score. Anyone know how I can access that? Any 3 credit agencies is fine.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to get old FICO score?

I don't think there is a way to access it.  This is twofold:

1. FICO doesn't release the algorithm for their score.  Which means that, in order to get a real FICO score, you'd have to have FICO generate it for you, which rules out a lot of third party options.  Unfortunately, FICO doesn't offer something like this.
  2. Your credit report changes over time.  TLs drop off, are added, and balances/limits/utilization changes.  Unless you had a copy of the credit reports from that time period, you won't necessarily be able to recreate those credit reports after the fact.
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible to get old FICO score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think there is a way to access it.  This is twofold:

1. FICO doesn't release the algorithm for their score.  Which means that, in order to get a real FICO score, you'd have to have FICO generate it for you, which rules out a lot of third party options.  Unfortunately, FICO doesn't offer something like this.
  2. Your credit report changes over time.  TLs drop off, are added, and balances/limits/utilization changes.  Unless you had a copy of the credit reports from that time period, you won't necessarily be able to recreate those credit reports after the fact.

This.

I save every report and score that I get personally for when I want (wierd I know, but that's this community I guess) to try to tease something out of my own data and credit score experiences.

There's no way though that I'm aware of, other than likely at FICO in an algorithm testbed, to try to get a set of old report data run against a given algorithm.  Can only go forward with one's reports and scores are instant in time.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.