Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post app spree negative effects to EQ

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Post app spree negative effects to EQ

This is drivin' me nuts. 

Last January I went on somewhat of a large app spree.  Netted about 10 new CC accounts worth about $60 k.  Also, (2) auto loans for a total of $17k, between Dec '12 and March '13.

Since January, I've increased my CL's to about $87k with all SP's except for Discover and BoA recently which were 2 TU HP's.   And in June I financed a 2013 Harley Davidson motorcycle.

When I went on the app spree in January, I targeted EQ lenders/pullers because it was a clean report with a score of 745.  TU/EX were in the 650 range with a paid collection (utility bill unbeknownst to me) on TU and a late payment on a closed child support case on EX.

Immediately post app spree INQ's were 10 on EQ, 1 EX, 2 TU.  Currently 10 EQ, 4 TU, 2 EX.

Since the app spree, my EQ has plummeted and I cannot seem to get it back up.  No pun intended.

It is now at 655, a 90 pt. drop.

Here's what I don't quite get....since the app spree, EX has soared to 722 (Harley Davidson dealer pull) and my Walmart TU is now 701.

Both of these bureaus have 1 paid collection on them.  EQ is still clean with no negatives.

EX and TU have gone UP since the app spree.

Are the INQ's on EQ holding me down that bad?  I was obviously re-bucketeteeteteteted if you know what I mean.

EQ has dropped 90 pts, TU and EX have gone up 50-70 pts since the app-spree and new auto/motorcycle loans.  That seems to be a HUGE variance in bureaus and their scoring.

Utilization 11%, AAoA 1.5 yrs, Oldest account 11 yrs, DTI 8% maybe?

Somebody help me understand.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
tinom1234
New Contributor

Re: Post app spree negative effects to EQ

I will be following this thread. My EQ has been low for some reason and slow to rise, while EX and TU seem to climb higher and higher. can't figure it out.
EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Message 2 of 31
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I think your Aaoa getting hit big time by those 10 new ccs and 2 auto loans...inquiries can also be affecting it...but I think letting those age will eventually raise it back up. Your util isn't bad...what about your other scores?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 31
racer-x
Valued Contributor

TU 645 to 701 since January.

EX 652 to 722 since January.

EQ 745 to 655 since January.

See the flip-flopped-ness?

Message 4 of 31
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Weird. So the other 2 has gone up...but since you targeted eq specifically then perhaps the only difference on your reports is the number of inqs from that spree.

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 31
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I feel as though EQ is always lagging behind the rest.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 31
YahComb
Established Contributor

from reading up on the score effects of when scorewatch switched from fico 98 to fico 04, and from my own experience seeing my tu98 ex08 and eq04 scores, it seems to me that the 04 version of fico is a decent bit tougher on new account(at least the equifax 04 is) 

also you EX score from HD is for an auto loan right? Could be using a auto-enhanced score, which has a wider scoring range. Where did your old Experian score come from?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 7 of 31
racer-x
Valued Contributor

YahComb - The Harley dealer pull of 722 was the same as my current myFico EX of 722.

And the original pre-app spree EX score was from the real deal, once a year free credit report that you can pull, which I pulled in Sept '12.

BoA pulled EX back in January and it was in the 660 range I believe.

So I feel my scores are accurate and current.

Message 8 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

My EQ has always been my lowest score don't know why but in your case I think the INQ's may be to blame for the recent drop

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 31
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

+1 myjourney! Sounds like the only big diff between the other two.

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.