Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential AU Impact?

tag
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

Potential AU Impact?

Hi All,

New to the forum and currently in the "building" phase, with my current scores all in the ~650 to 680 range. My parents have offered to add me as an AU on their Marriott Rewards card to help with bolster my overall file. I don't know all the data points involved, but I'm confident that their payment history is excellent and that the limit is 5k+. Just curious what kind of impact this would have on !y overall file/what kind of bump I might see in my scores?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Potential AU Impact?

Impossible to answer without details of your current accounts and the account to be added, at least age, balance and limit.
Message 2 of 4
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Impossible to answer without details of your current accounts and the account to be added, at least age, balance and limit.

My bad! Information on account to be added: age of 7 years, no revolving balance, 7.5k limit. Will be tied for my oldest account (with currently deferred student loans) and my highest limit. 

I currently have the following cards: 

PayPal 2% MC (2k Sl)

Cap One Platinum (1k Sl)

Amazon Prime Store Card (1k Sl) 

Barclay Apple Rewards ($500 Sl)

Util is 40%, but at next statement cut will be around ~5%, so I'm expecting a score bump from that. AaoA on my accounts is just under 2 years. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The biggest scoring bump is going to come from paying down 40% to 5% UTI, the additional 7.5k will drop you under 1% so it will not help you much in that regard (not much scoring difference if at all going from 5% to 1%) but it will give you more cushion in the future. It will also boost your AAoA to 3 years which might give you some bump but not much. Keep in mind that the benefit of AU accounts is confined mostly to scoring, any manual review would reveal the AU account which most lenders/issuers would value with a grain of salt when assessing risk since you're not liable for the account.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.