cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

tag
adr1987

Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

Hi all,

I just ordered a 3-bureau credit report and score from Experian and I noticed that my credit score came out as the exact same for all 3 credit bureaus. I suppose this shows consistency, but I always thought there would always be a few points' differences between the score each bureau spits out. I'm just concerned that for some reason there may have been an error on Experian's side and they provided me with just one score.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these 3-credit bureau reports? Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

@adr1987 wrote:

Hi all,

I just ordered a 3-bureau credit report and score from Experian and I noticed that my credit score came out as the exact same for all 3 credit bureaus. I suppose this shows consistency, but I always thought there would always be a few points' differences between the score each bureau spits out. I'm just concerned that for some reason there may have been an error on Experian's side and they provided me with just one score.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these 3-credit bureau reports? Thank you in advance for your help.

I think someone should be playing the lottery, with that kind of luck ! ! Smiley Very Happy

The chances of all 3 major credit reporting agencies reporting the exact same score for one individual on a specific day and time would be infinitessimally small.  There are so many factors that go into the makeup of just one report, never mind all 3. 

That said, you stated that the report came from Experian in  a form of a 3-bureau report.  This would make the scores each a FAKO, since they are not true FICO scores.  Experian's credit monitoring (as well as any others, for that matter) only report what's captured from your reports at that particular moment in time, so an error on the part of Experian solely, is not very likely. 

Now...pull all 3 scores from here and see what magic happens! ! !   If you can pull the hat trick from here as well, then more than a few of us will be very impressed and wanna get on that lottery train ! ! ! !Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 3
adr1987

Re: Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

Hahaha! Smiley Very Happy

That makes sense. Thank you for the quick response!!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.