adr1987

Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

Hi all,

I just ordered a 3-bureau credit report and score from Experian and I noticed that my credit score came out as the exact same for all 3 credit bureaus. I suppose this shows consistency, but I always thought there would always be a few points' differences between the score each bureau spits out. I'm just concerned that for some reason there may have been an error on Experian's side and they provided me with just one score.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these 3-credit bureau reports? Thank you in advance for your help.

Valued Contributor
thom02099

Re: Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

adr1987 wrote:

Hi all,

I just ordered a 3-bureau credit report and score from Experian and I noticed that my credit score came out as the exact same for all 3 credit bureaus. I suppose this shows consistency, but I always thought there would always be a few points' differences between the score each bureau spits out. I'm just concerned that for some reason there may have been an error on Experian's side and they provided me with just one score.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these 3-credit bureau reports? Thank you in advance for your help.

I think someone should be playing the lottery, with that kind of luck ! ! :smileyvery-happy:

The chances of all 3 major credit reporting agencies reporting the exact same score for one individual on a specific day and time would be infinitessimally small.  There are so many factors that go into the makeup of just one report, never mind all 3. 

That said, you stated that the report came from Experian in  a form of a 3-bureau report.  This would make the scores each a FAKO, since they are not true FICO scores.  Experian's credit monitoring (as well as any others, for that matter) only report what's captured from your reports at that particular moment in time, so an error on the part of Experian solely, is not very likely. 

Now...pull all 3 scores from here and see what magic happens! ! !   If you can pull the hat trick from here as well, then more than a few of us will be very impressed and wanna get on that lottery train ! ! ! !:smileylol:

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014
adr1987

Re: Probability of having the exact same score from all 3 bureaus?

Hahaha! :smileyvery-happy:

That makes sense. Thank you for the quick response!!! :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}