cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportion of charge cards hurting my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Proportion of charge cards hurting my credit score?

January will mark the one-year mark since I started building my credit score with the help of everyone in this forum (I mostly lurk and learnSmiley Wink)

Today I pulled my credit reports just to make sure everything is reporting correctly, and went ahead and purchased a score report from Equifax. Ended up getting a 696, which seems decent for someone in my position. Under 'Key factors affecting your score', all of the lines made sense (no mortgage, small CL on revolvers, account age). However the last line confused me:

"The percentage of department store accounts or charge cards to all the accounts in your credit file"

I have two revolving credit cards from major US banks, and one charge card from AMEX. Does this mean I should have more revolving accounts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Proportion of charge cards hurting my credit score?

Where did you get your report info? The comment doesn't look FICO-related.

Per FICO scoring, I believe that the Amex and store cards are considered charge cards and one in the same. Even if not, you can certainly hit into the 800s with what you have if a high-FICO is the goal.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.