Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Deletion Test

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Public Record Deletion Test

It seems I was able to get my paid state tax lien off my TU report a year early. This leaves me with just the old BK as my only derog on that report. I'll wait until all my cards report next week and I'll pull to see if this had any effect on my TU score. EQ verified the TL.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Public Record Deletion Test

DH just had a 10 year old dismissed Ch13 BK and a 7 year old satisfied judgment removed from EQ and score dropped 3 points! I don't know what will happen to your scores but I hope you have better success than he did.

I was sure he score would shot up. Boy was I wrong. I've been told this is probably due to rebucketing and that's a good thing but it certainly doesn't feel like it right now.
Message 2 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Couldn't resist a clean pull with just this difference in the reports from last month. Seems 1=2 public records. No change in TU score still 731. Report does look a little better though and getting a deletion of a major baddie was very nice. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

May I ask how you got that done?

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@GFer wrote:

I'm ashamed to say. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Smiley Happy

6 year old tax liens obviously don't pull your score down much when you have an old BK present do they pizza.Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@GFer wrote:

EDITED!

Please remember Barry's warning about discussing items such as this.

To get your post deleted, just violate our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines and our mods will gladly delete if for you -- along with a public or private message (or both) explaining what you did wrong. 

Please read these guidelines and don't hesitate to PM one of the mods or admins if you have any questions about any of our rules.   We're here to help!

Thanks for contributing positively to the FICO Forums!

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 07-31-2008 10:20 AM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.