Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Public Record

I was disecting my Exp Fico Score report and I noticed that under "what's hurting you Fico Score" it says "you have a public record AND collection on your credit repot" then when I go to the section that list "public records" it says "you have no public records". I have never had a BK, tax lein, judgement or any or any other public record in my entire life. Why is this report saying such a thing. BTW - this is the only report that has that line.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Public Record

try updating your report by clicking on the "get your new updated report for free" tab in the upper right hand corner of your Experian.   I have have that the messages and such are updated but the report and it's contents remain the same from the last date that you updated it.   Check that out to see if anything new has hit your report. 
Message 2 of 12
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry the upper left hand corner of Experian.
Message 3 of 12
ktl55
Regular Contributor

it's on myfico score (this website) report and if I update I will have to pay for it. I didn't want to do that until all my investigations are complete. BUT if this isn't something I have to worry about then I'll leave it be for now.Thanks
Message 4 of 12
Boswd
Valued Contributor

have you tried freecreditreport.com or truecredit.com.    These are free for the first 30 days but you can opt out of them once you've checked it out.   If it showed on Experian than go to freecreditreport.com
Message 5 of 12
ktl55
Regular Contributor

It doesn't show anywhere except on myfico.com. I have Exp, Equ and TU which I update every 24 hours. I've have all the free services............lol Plus those sites don't give actual fico score and that is the only number I'm interested in.....lol Thanks
Message 6 of 12
Boswd
Valued Contributor

that is very bizzare,  I would try calling MyFico and see if they can explain it.
Message 7 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I have heard of this issue before.. I am not entirely sure why it happens or if it evens hurts you.

Maybe Barry can chime in.
Message 8 of 12
ktl55
Regular Contributor

It's really weird. As long as it doesn't hurt me then I guess I won't worry about it. Lets see what Barry has to say.............if he reads this post.
Message 9 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

My guess is you are ok as long as it does not show up under negative info.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.