cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Credit Score with Debit Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchase Credit Score with Debit Card?

can someone post a link to where they sell the genuine FICO on the EQ site? I can't find it.

Message 11 of 24
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

They've made it harder to find.  Here's the link:

http://www.equifax.com/credit-score-watch/

Message 12 of 24
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Responding here only to OP question about debit card purchase:

@Anonymous wrote:

A friend of mine wants to know if you can purchase credit scores from myfico using  visa debit card, or if they only accept credit cards?

Same question in regards to purchasing a credit score directly from Equifax, do they accept debit cards?  Equifax labels it a Equifax Credit Score but does not specify if it is the offical FICO score or not.

"It depends", as usual.  I pay Equifax a monthly subscription for Credit Watch Gold on a debit card, never any problem except my bank e-mails an alert about it every time.  I know, this isn't strictly purchasing a score, but I expect that wouldn't make any difference.  BUT, when I tried the same thing with TU's True Credit, they sent back an email, "We have experienced some difficulties processing the payment for your Credit Monitoring subscription.  If you are attempting to pay with a debit card or bank card, please try again using a regular credit card."  YMMV

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:

They've made it harder to find.  Here's the link:

http://www.equifax.com/credit-score-watch/

Thanks.  What is the smartest and/or most economical way to use ScoreWatch?  So every time it tells you your score has changed it doesn't tell you the actual score? It only offers 2 actual score pulls.  When is the best time to use up those 2 pulls?

Message 14 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The e-mail or text that you get doesn't tell you your new score --privacy reasons, I guess --but when you log on to myFICO and click on Scorewatch, you can click on the alert and see your new score. But if you want to see what changed on your report, you have to pull a report.

You get the first one immediately, and you pull the second pre-paid (aka "free") report later. After that, subsequent reports are 30% off.

If you can resist the urge to pull a report, the alerts alone are enough to track your score. Also, the graph with your EQ score history will tell you where you are.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

The e-mail or text that you get doesn't tell you your new score --privacy reasons, I guess --but when you log on to myFICO and click on Scorewatch, you can click on the alert and see your new score. But if you want to see what changed on your report, you have to pull a report.

You get the first one immediately, and you pull the second pre-paid (aka "free") report later. After that, subsequent reports are 30% off.

If you can resist the urge to pull a report, the alerts alone are enough to track your score. Also, the graph with your EQ score history will tell you where you are.

Thank you for the information.  You mention logging into myFICO.  I'm referring to the link from EQ; I thought it would be done through the EQ website.  But I guess both myFICO and EQ offer the same exact product?  I'm also surprised that you said you get an actual FICO score with each alert; I thought you only get 2 FICO scores with the purchase of ScoreWatch. 

Message 16 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You get two score reports with Scorewatch.

I haven't seen the version directly from Equifax, so I don't know if they're different, but I know we have members here who have used it. I hope they can answer your question about that.

Here's what my most recent alert from Scorewatch (via myFICO) looks like (sorry, I had to make it big so that you can read where it gives the new score):

781.jpg

edited again: I found the alert from the 52-point loss for a new 30-day late posting! This marked the day that I snapped out of my credit coma. As with so many alerts, the suggested reason wasn't the problem. It's that the Sears account posted for the first time with a late. Why it took so long to show up, I have no idea:

253i0419131AABC2F367

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 24
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Haha, are you getting all sentimental today, Hauling? But surely fine, your 781 looks rock solid. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, it was rock solid for 5 minutes, until the last card updated to $0 and I dropped 12 points to 769. Smiley Tongue

I wanted to post the other to show that we all start somewhere, and with time, effort, and understanding of how credit works, anyone can improve their scores. It doesn't happen overnight though, that's for sure.

eta: Aha, I found and posted the alert with the shiny new score of 590. This marked the last late payment that I ever plan to have.

Message 19 of 24
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, it was rock solid for 5 minutes, until the last card updated to $0 and I dropped 12 points to 769. Smiley Tongue

It just occured to me that if a 0% util would ding you while 1% is better than 10% which is better than 50%, which percentage between 10 and 50 would correspond to 0? Is say 20% as bad as 0? Is 25% worse? Of course EQ and TU are different animals, but sometimes one can get the feeling from the advice of some that 0% is the lethal equivalent of 90%.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.